Knox ????

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are two different functions of Knox.

1. Enterprise security and management that uses encryption even down to the bootloader. This is were the Knox counter is. This is what people are afraid of tripping to void their warrenty.

2. Knox personal is a further implementation that consumers can use without their enterprise influence. It effectively allows the user to run two phones in one. It functions as a app on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
There are two different functions of Knox.

1. Enterprise security and management that uses encryption even down to the bootloader. This is were the Knox counter is. This is what people are afraid of tripping to void their warrenty.

2. Knox personal is a further implementation that consumers can use without their enterprise influence. It effectively allows the user to run two phones in one. It functions as a app on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I just called Samsung and found out that Verizon does not support Knox on the Note 3 at this time. (Maybe when they release KitKat?)
So I guess that's that!
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just called Samsung and found out that Verizon does not support Knox on the Note 3 at this time. (Maybe when they release KitKat?)
So I guess that's that!

I assure you Knox enterprise is on the device. What they are not installing is the KNOX personal stub so you can download the app to enable consumer use of the technology.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I assure you Knox enterprise is on the device. What they are not installing is the KNOX personal stub so you can download the app to enable consumer use of the technology.

That's basically what I was trying to say. It's on the phone but Verizon does not allow access to it at this time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Last edited:

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That isn't true.

Knox enterprise is very much available if your enterprise wants to use it. It is part of the low level firmware from Samsung

Knox personal may be available if you can find a valid APK to load the stub. I use KNOX personal on my Note 3. Mine is on ATT and they don't officially support it either. I did find a valid stub that worked with my phone though and I was able to install it fine.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone really want the personal? It is more restrictive.
There is a new My Samsung website, and a new My Galaxy app from Samsung UK. It doesn't mention Knox any where.
Otoh there is a new Knox 2.0 for the S5 announced yesterday.
I would think with only Kb's on the OP's and my phone, it would need another download.

So enterprise is still there, a bit like BlackBerry used to do/does for corporate security.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think allot of people should use. I use personal KNOX for two things.

First it allows me to carry one phone instead of two. That doesn't' mean I can't link my corporate email to my note 3 but if I did it without KNOX I basically give full control of my device to the company. Nothing is personal and they have complete control. Even to do a remote wipe if they so choose. I don't know if they would, but it seems reasonable to me that they would wipe it if I left the company. It is to easy to take info that way from the office. With Knox Personal I can create a Knox container have it password protected and then isolate it from my personal stuff. If work decided tomorrow that they didn't like me having my work email on my phone they can wipe it and the worst thing I loose is that container. All of my personal non work related data would be left alone. Without KNOX Personal I would still have to carry a BB around for work.

On top of that there are allot of protections in the KNOX container to keep data private. Anything that I really want to keep isolated and protected I do in the container. The idea is that It simply keeps my data safer from potential spying eyes on the phone if something bad does get loaded.

Everything in the Knox Container is encrypted.

The downside to Knox is there are some CPU cycles spent to maintain all that isolated and fancy security. For the most part the Note 3 has plenty of cpu to handle it. I suspect it will all work much better once we move to 64bit Arm processors.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK! I give up!
I'm just going with what I was told by Samsung.

Unless you are wanting to load custom roms don't worry about it.

If you want additional security look on XDA for a Knox Personal stub apk for Verizon.

If I am wrong and you have a ATT just look in my post history. I brought a link over for the Knox stubb that works on ATT