Screen and home button doesn't respond while on phone call

dropnbassonu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For about 3 weeks my phone has had this problem. It's odd that while talking on the phone, part of my screen and home button don't work. I can use the drop down menu and select settings and notifications, but after that the rest of the screen doesn't work. For example I can toggle on/off settings, but can't open any setting menu. Pushing the home button doesn't work at all. It was doing this before the update, so I updated and nothing changed. I'm on Verizon running 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Does your s-pen work for all functions? Do you have a weird looking power menu? If you do, this happened to me about 5-6 months ago and I may be able to help. If not, it's something different.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mwlcarter

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Koodo in Canada, and I have the same problem. When I'm on a call, the home button won't work and I can't leave the dialer screen. This is very irritating because I often want to check my calendar when talking to someone on the phone.

I suspect it's supposed to be some kind of safety feature to discourage distracted driving, but it's poorly implemented. I haven't found any solutions yet that worked. :-(

SamiNote4

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I just solved it. Clear the cache partition by following the steps below:
-turn off the device
- hold down both the home button and the volume up button
- turn on the device while holding the two buttons
- select the option to format the cache
- the phone will restart and the feature will work
:)

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I just solved it. Clear the cache partition by following the steps below:
-turn off the device
- hold down both the home button and the volume up button
- turn on the device while holding the two buttons
- select the option to format the cache
- the phone will restart and the feature will work
:)

Did not work for me :(

khaf#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Can we get any response on this? Ive tried factory reset and clearing cache and it still doesn't help. Ahhhhhhhh this is frustrating.