Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By marshalark
  • 1 Post By johnmltb33
  • 2 Post By lterry913
  • 1 Post By selena650
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 2 Post By L0n3N1nja
  • 1 Post By karsdroid
  • 3 Post By mavrrick
  • 1 Post By mavrrick
  • 1 Post By selena650
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Should I keep with the note 3?

I have an upgrade with tmobile at the end of the month and I don't know if I should keep with the note 3 and wait till the note 4. I do upgrade every 6 months. Or do you think I should go with the htc one m8? I'm more into specs of the phone then the outside. I'm also into collecting cases ( got into that when I went from my iphone 5 to the note 3). Btw, the galaxy s5 is not an option since it only has 16gb storage. I have over 500 apps including what the phone came with. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks.

Default Re: Should I keep with the note 3?

Well storage for the s5 is not a problem since u can but an sd card upto 128gb but I think it would be best if u wait for the note4 besides if ur into covers then the m8 is not a gd option as the only gd cover for it tht I've heard of is the dot view case

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    johnmltb33 likes this.

You may wish to consider the S Pen function also. That would be left behind with a move to HTC One M8. Also, many people I have talked to like the M8 because of its appearance ( curved back and sleek brushed aluminum). Wouldn't that be negated by a case (of course you pointed out you prefer specs to outside appearance)? Either way, enjoy whichever one you choose!
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I'm assuming you're using JUMP and that's why you have to decide between the two. Me personally, I would keep the Note 3 - pay it off - and get the the HTC. When the Note 4 comes out, I would then trade one of them in (whichever one I didn't like as much).

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vjh425 View Post
    I'm assuming you're using JUMP and that's why you have to decide between the two. Me personally, I would keep the Note 3 - pay it off - and get the the HTC. When the Note 4 comes out, I would then trade one of them in (whichever one I didn't like as much).

i dont have use for 2 phones and its finiancial reasons also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't like the size of the m8 lengthwise or the fact that it has that ugly extra black space on the front of the phone where it says htc...wasted space and looks awkward to me...I was going to get the m8 but after I saw the phone I did not make the trade...I do like the s pen also and use it now and then so it then became a no brainer. Wait for the note 4 if anything in my opinion. The screen size is also smaller on m8...why take a step back?
    Thanked by:
    selena650 and Madd54 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    I don't like the size of the m8 lengthwise or the fact that it has that ugly extra black space on the front of the phone where it says htc...wasted space and looks awkward to me...I was going to get the m8 but after I saw the phone I did not make the trade...I do like the s pen also and use it now and then so it then became a no brainer. Wait for the note 4 if anything in my opinion. The screen size is also smaller on m8...why take a step back?
    I didn't realize it would be a step back. I value phones, as for me I see that they have different features. But now that you said that with the black bar, it does make sense. I was thinking of a smaller phone cause of the gym. But I can always get the fitbit or the galaxy gear. But thanks. This helps a lot.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

I just now came from a store playing with the M8 again. I have to agree it just doesn't work visually. It's probably more an optical illusion but the screen looks ridiculously tall and elongated. I wanted to like it.

Still for those coming from other HTC's or sub 5" screens you can mentally overlook these things. Even Note 3 owners dismiss criticisms as piffling that others see as deal breakers.

I would go for the S5 over M8 for the new Touchwiz, better screen etc., and that back feels nice.

Ideally get a two week trial, but for me, I'm looking at my Note 3 screen an awful lot more - so max screen size and quality, occasional S-Pen use and still slim pocketability swings it for me if I had to choose again. *You get to live with the increased size very easily. It's still a phone more than a tablet.

*ON EDIT: I forgot the OP already has one. This is the problem with posting while out and about.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Jalopiejoe likes this.

M8 is a downgrade to the note 3 in my opinion. Slightly better processor is the only thing better about the M8.

ChristopherH1 and Madd54 like this.

i have the note 3 and love it! that said i'm super excited to see what the note 4 will bring. keep in mind the note 4 probably won't be out until late fall if last year is any clue to timing. that's a long wait if you choose to wait. once again the s pen is the biggie with the note 3....why not really check out some youtube vids on the phones you are interested in to see all of the different features.
    Madd54 likes this.

Just a run down on the options on both
    Screen size 5"(M8)/5.7" (Note3)
    Screen resolution Both 1920x1080
    So PPI is a little bit lower on the Note 3. I would question if you can really see it
    CPU Snapdragon 801(M8)/Snapdragon 800 (Note 3)
    GPU Adreno 320(M8)/Adreno 330(Note3)
    Ram 2GB(M8)/3GB(Note3)
    Camera 4mp(M8)/13mp(Note3)
    Speak sound Stereo Boom Sound(M8)/Crappy Single Speaker(Note3)
    HD Recording 1920x1080 Maxk(M8)/UHD 4k(Note 3)
    Starting Storage 16GB(M8)/32GB(Note 3)

From a pure spec perspective, the only thing the M8 really has over the Note 3 is the Upgraded CPU to the 801 model, and Boom Sound. The cpu isn't really that much of a improvement because the Note3's Snapdragon 800 runs faster then most other phones with the same CPU.

The only reason to select the M8 would be for boom sound or the fact you like the overall design. It isn't a bad phone but the Note 3 is just really a great phone across the board. I really don't think there is anything better out right now overall. At this point the only reason I would give up the Note 3 is if I really just couldn't take the size any more.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    selena650, Madd54 and Jalopiejoe like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i have the note 3 and love it! that said i'm super excited to see what the note 4 will bring. keep in mind the note 4 probably won't be out until late fall if last year is any clue to timing. that's a long wait if you choose to wait. once again the s pen is the biggie with the note 3....why not really check out some youtube vids on the phones you are interested in to see all of the different features.
    I already did. I keep looking at my note 3 and thinking it's an amazing phone. But my problem is... I always want something new. I also have an iPod touch that's 64gb and I love the simple ness. But again, the note 3 is a beast. The flaw is that I was looking for a better phone then the note, so I can carry around in the gym, easy to snap photos, and not to weigh down my purse. Now, I just don't know.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    Just a run down on the options on both
    Screen size 5"(M8)/5.7" (Note3)
    Screen resolution Both 1920x1080
    So PPI is a little bit lower on the Note 3. I would question if you can really see it
    CPU Snapdragon 801(M8)/Snapdragon 800 (Note 3)
    GPU Adreno 320(M8)/Adreno 330(Note3)
    Ram 2GB(M8)/3GB(Note3)
    Camera 4mp(M8)/13mp(Note3)
    Speak sound Stereo Boom Sound(M8)/Crappy Single Speaker(Note3)
    HD Recording 1920x1080 Maxk(M8)/UHD 4k(Note 3)
    Starting Storage 16GB(M8)/32GB(Note 3)

From a pure spec perspective, the only thing the M8 really has over the Note 3 is the Upgraded CPU to the 801 model, and Boom Sound. The cpu isn't really that much of a improvement because the Note3's Snapdragon 800 runs faster then most other phones with the same CPU.

The only reason to select the M8 would be for boom sound or the fact you like the overall design. It isn't a bad phone but the Note 3 is just really a great phone across the board. I really don't think there is anything better out right now overall. At this point the only reason I would give up the Note 3 is if I really just couldn't take the size any more.
    Yeah, the size is getting to me. I carry a small purse and when I put it in there, it gets very heavy. At one point I thought of the nexus 5. I think I just have to look around in the store to see what I really want.

Just my 2 cents. If size is now going to be your deciding factor that kills the Note 4. On top of that you need to kind of accept you won't have the absolute greatest specs.

If I was really going to seriously look at smaller phones right now I would either do the nexus 5 or the Moto X. The Moto X is a great compact phone with reasonable power. The nexus 5 is a great phone that is just a little below the Note 3. I have held the Nexus 5 and it is a very comfortable phone to hold.

You could also just get a Moto G GPE from the play store as a media player compact phone and keep the Note for your spec fix.

Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    selena650 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Update::: I got the HTC one m8 and I love it!! The galaxy s5 is plastic with lots of bloatware that overwellmed me. Well I'm thinking of owning the m8 to get an iPhone 6 when it comes out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Quote Originally Posted by selena650 View Post
    Update::: I got the HTC one m8 and I love it!! The galaxy s5 is plastic with lots of bloatware that overwellmed me. Well I'm thinking of owning the m8 to get an iPhone 6 when it comes out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    Thanks for following up on this thread. Personally I think you made a good choice

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Thanks for following up on this thread. Personally I think you made a good choice

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Thank you!! Its getting used to since I never had an HTC phone before. But less than a day I got used to it. Its really awesome

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    ffejjj likes this.