Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can anyone recommend a case that works with slightly thicker wireless charging back?

The Samsung wireless charging back increased the thickness slightly so the Note 3 no longer seats well in cases I've tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case and the Seidio Surface. I've used a Bear Motion Bumper Ring case but is a bit bulky / ugly and I've tried using a wireless charging pad instead of the OEM charging back which is thinner but found it interfered with the compass. Has anybody found a solution / combination that they are happy with? Thanks in advance

Spigen Neo Hybrid Case
    Amazon.com: Spigen SGP10453 Neo Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging - Satin Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seidio Surface
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Bear Motion Bumper Ring Case
    Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a case that works with slightly thicker wireless charging back?

I am using the fonesalesman card with otterbox commuter, as the wireless back was too thick and eliminated case options. Compass and NFC working fine in the case.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a case that works with slightly thicker wireless charging back?

Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    The Samsung wireless charging back increased the thickness slightly so the Note 3 no longer seats well in cases I've tried the Spigen Neo Hybrid Case and the Seidio Surface. I've used a Bear Motion Bumper Ring case but is a bit bulky / ugly and I've tried using a wireless charging pad instead of the OEM charging back which is thinner but found it interfered with the compass. Has anybody found a solution / combination that they are happy with? Thanks in advance

Spigen Neo Hybrid Case
    Amazon.com: Spigen SGP10453 Neo Hybrid Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging - Satin Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seidio Surface
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Bear Motion Bumper Ring Case
    Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    They're cheap enough, you may want to give the fonesalesman card with nfc chip a try.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by keyzlife View Post
    I am using the fonesalesman card with otterbox commuter, as the wireless back was too thick and eliminated case options. Compass and NFC working fine in the case.

Do you know if it interferes with the compass? I've used the Choetech one and if you have the GPS status app running and you wave the charger card to the right of the camera on the back you can see the compass deflecting. This doesn't happen with the Samsung OEM charging back.

Choetech Qi Wireless Charger Kit
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

GPS Status & Toolbox App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sim.gpsstatus2

Do you know if it interferes with the compass? I've used the Choetech one and if you have the GPS status app running and you wave the charger card to the right of the camera on the back you can see the compass deflecting. This doesn't happen with the Samsung OEM charging back.

Choetech Qi Wireless Charger Kit
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

GPS Status & Toolbox App
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sim.gpsstatus2
    Are you referring to running the compass app while placing the phone on the charger? If that is your question, then yes it interferes but when I'm using the compass, the app you posted or any other nav it works fine while not charging. My charger is on my nightstand so nav. while charging is a non issue for me. Hope that helps.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by keyzlife View Post
    Are you referring to running the compass app while placing the phone on the charger? If that is your question, then yes it interferes but when I'm using the compass, the app you posted or any other nav it works fine while not charging. My charger is on my nightstand so nav. while charging is a non issue for me. Hope that helps.

No, off of charger, wave the card to the right of the camera you will see the compass deflecting. I've been having trouble using Google Navigation when at walking speeds compass is inaccurate, Once going at automobile speeds GPS takes over and points to the correct direction. Must admit though that even with wireless charging card out it is better but still having trouble with compass. I think it's a Samsung thing.

No, off of charger, wave the card to the right of the camera you will see the compass deflecting. I've been having trouble using Google Navigation when at walking speeds compass is inaccurate, Once going at automobile speeds GPS takes over and points to the correct direction. Must admit though that even with wireless charging card out it is better but still having trouble with compass. I think it's a Samsung thing.
    Ok then I have to say no. My compass and the one you just posted are working perfectly with my card in. Im not waving it around the back but it is working perfectly with it in the phone.

Thanked by:

I use the Trident Kraken ams case. It fits pretty well with the Wireless charging back, except that the USB charging flap doesn't close all the way

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by: