Long time before screen lights up!

robinviking

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey all! I own a Note 3 and was wondering if there are more people who are experiencing the same problem as me. I do not know if this is because of KitKat or what. But when I press the lock button / home button (the phone is in locked mode), it takes several seconds before the screen lights up. It is really annoying because before it took less than 1 sec before cellphone lit up!

Anyone have a solution? Have done several resets but the problem persists.

Skickat fr?n min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
See if removing your SD card helps (if you have one). What kind of lock screen are you using? Do you have any widgets on it? Are you using an alternate launcher and/or any lock screen apps?

Please do not post multiple threads about the same topic like you did with this one.

robinviking

May 9, 2014
Visit site
See if removing your SD card helps (if you have one). What kind of lock screen are you using? Do you have any widgets on it? Are you using an alternate launcher and/or any lock screen apps?

Please do not post multiple threads about the same topic like you did with this one.

Sorry for two threads. Wasn't on purposes.

I'm am using nova launcher but I haven't changed the lock screen. So the lock screen is like it was when I got the phone. I have removed the sd card so I will come back with answer if it was the sd card that ****ed it up.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for two threads. Wasn't on purposes.

I'm am using nova launcher but I haven't changed the lock screen. So the lock screen is like it was when I got the phone. I have removed the sd card so I will come back with answer if it was the sd card that ****ed it up.

Turn off Svoice from using the home button. It's in the Svoice settings. This will remove the lag.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I did that the first day I got the phone. I think it is the sd card that mess with my phone

If removing the SD card helped, try backing up your data from the card to your computer and then formatting the card from within the phone. If you have any apps installed on the card, move them back over to the phone before doing this. If you have any apps set to store data on the card - like the camera or the browser or office apps or any other app - change the location to the primary device storage first as well. Also clear the phone cache from recovery.

See if just having the blank phone-formatted card in causes any lag. If it does, try a different card.

If it doesn't, try copying your files back onto it from the computer. Don't copy any apps or app data, just non-app files like documents, music, pics, etc.

If it is still functioning well and you have any apps that you wish to store data on the card try changing the storage location one app at a time and test in between for lag.

If all is still well and you want to move any apps installation to the SD card, try them one at a time with testing in between.

My phone turns on instantly from sleep and I do have an SD card installed so you just need to track down whether something is wrong with the card or your file system got corrupted or there is a particular app that isn't playing well with it.

robinviking

May 9, 2014
Visit site
If removing the SD card helped, try backing up your data from the card to your computer and then formatting the card from within the phone. If you have any apps installed on the card, move them back over to the phone before doing this. If you have any apps set to store data on the card - like the camera or the browser or office apps or any other app - change the location to the primary device storage first as well. Also clear the phone cache from recovery.

See if just having the blank phone-formatted card in causes any lag. If it does, try a different card.

If it doesn't, try copying your files back onto it from the computer. Don't copy any apps or app data, just non-app files like documents, music, pics, etc.

If it is still functioning well and you have any apps that you wish to store data on the card try changing the storage location one app at a time and test in between for lag.

If all is still well and you want to move any apps installation to the SD card, try them one at a time with testing in between.

My phone turns on instantly from sleep and I do have an SD card installed so you just need to track down whether something is wrong with the card or your file system got corrupted or there is a particular app that isn't playing well with it.

I did formatting the card and i tried using the phone with out a sd card and everthing went fine. Then i pur back the sd card and the thing with the screen started to happen again. Now i dont have a card in my phone and everthing is working fine! I need to try another card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20