Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Juice Defender with Note 3? Worthwhile?

Now that I've wiped cache and done a factory wipe (after upgrading to kitkat on at&t), my battery is back to being great as it was when I first got my phone (before the upgrade).

Now I'm wonder how much better it might be if I used something like juice defender (which I own from my s3 days).

What are your thoughts on these types of apps?

I do use family locator app so I guess if someone tried to ping my location during the 14 minutes of every 15 minutes, I'd appear offline and that wouldn't work. I wonder if there's a way to exempt a particular app?

thanks,
    Mike

Global Posts
    8,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Juice Defender with Note 3? Worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by pcguys View Post
    Now that I've wiped cache and done a factory wipe (after upgrading to kitkat on at&t), my battery is back to being great as it was when I first got my phone (before the upgrade).

Now I'm wonder how much better it might be if I used something like juice defender (which I own from my s3 days).

What are your thoughts on these types of apps?

I do use family locator app so I guess if someone tried to ping my location during the 14 minutes of every 15 minutes, I'd appear offline and that wouldn't work. I wonder if there's a way to exempt a particular app?

thanks,
    Mike
    I'm not a big fan of using battery saving apps. Do they work? Yes, if used in the right way. My opinion is that you know how the device is used and can take steps to conserve battery life. Here's a good guide to get you started with battery saving tips: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

If Juice Defender has worked great for you in the past then there's nothing wrong with using it.

I don't know, right now I am trying Battery Guru. I have had it running for several days now and I can't see where it does anything so far.
    I might try Juice Defender.
    My own opinion of these apps is they are just a waste of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I don't know, right now I am trying Battery Guru. I have had it running for several days now and I can't see where it does anything so far.
    I might try Juice Defender.
    My own opinion of these apps is they are just a waste of time.

"Size does matter!"
    I just deleted Battery Guru and downloaded Juice Defender, I'll give it a try for a few days and see if I can see any benefit!

"Size does matter!"