Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steveL332
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Extended Batteries

Can anyone recommend an extended battery that's not so "fat"? I'm interested in ones that are the same dimensions as the original battery that came with the phone.

Default Re: Extended Batteries

I bought this battery. I've had it for months and it works fine. It does last a bit longer than the standard battery. It is NFC ready. I didn't want to lose the NFC feature when I bought a new battery.

4500mAh NFC Battery F Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 N900V N900A N900T N900P N900R4 | eBay

This was the largest capacity battery I could find that did not require a larger backing on the phone. The Mah is actually 4680 (stamped on my battery).
    Ivan_034 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by steveL332 View Post
    I bought this battery. I've had it for months and it works fine. It does last a bit longer than the standard battery. It is NFC ready. I didn't want to lose the NFC feature when I bought a new battery.

4500mAh NFC Battery F Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 N900V N900A N900T N900P N900R4 | eBay

This was the largest capacity battery I could find that did not require a larger backing on the phone. The Mah is actually 4680 (stamped on my battery).
    4680 mah should last a long more than just "a bit longer than the standard batrery" shouldn't it?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by steveL332 View Post

How long does it last?

It's the Note 3. Don't hate.

I'm not a light user, but I'm not a heavy user either. This new battery easily lasts me until night time when I put the phone on a charger. It's on from about 4am until about 9-10pm. With this new battery I would usually be at about 50% by night time. With the stock battery, about 30%. The new battery isn't a huge increase, but it is noticeable.

Hey man i recommend not getting an extended batter as they have more MaH it can pottentially damage your phone and battery try power saving mode instead i have a note 3 and can get 18hrs of use with my galaxy gear connected

Quote Originally Posted by amdroidboi View Post
    Hey man i recommend not getting an extended batter as they have more MaH it can pottentially damage your phone and battery try power saving mode instead i have a note 3 and can get 18hrs of use with my galaxy gear connected

Can you elaborate more on this?
    Just because a battery has higher stored power doesnt mean it will harm the device.
    ANY battery can potentially harm a device.
    i for one have been rocking an Anker 6200mAh battery on my Note 3. CoWorker has the zerolemon 10000mAh battery and he likes that.

Yhh i geuss i mean its up too you

Anker batteries are great. I use a 6400 battery as my daily driver. It adds some bulk but not alot. I prefer the bulk because the phone feels solid in the hand. This battery does justice

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Extended Batteries-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-12-57.jpg   Extended Batteries-screenshot_2014-05-14-15-13-00.jpg  

I must be doing something right (smile). I'm a medium to heavy user and I get approx a day and a half with the standard battery that came with the Note3. I take my Note3 off the charger every morning around 7AM and around 11PM when I go to bed my battery is around 50-55%. I usually buy an extra battery for all my devices (except iphone), but with the Note3 I really haven't had to. BEST battery life to date from ALL my devices I've had in the past.