Did I make the right choice.. Note 3

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Note 3 a week ago, had choice of any phone currently out.. needless to say its the best! How does the other newer flagships compare?

EDIT: I'm on the JUMP! program with T-Mobile.

Posted via T-Mobile Note 3 using Android Central App

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I think it is still the best available phone but it depends on what a person is looking for in a phone. I just bought mine a month ago after waiting to see what the new phones had to offer. If you use the S-Pen, which was my deciding factor, then there is no comparison at all. If you don't, then you can debate a few things between which phone is best in a particular department.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that your second like sums it up. If you are happy with it then it's the phone for you. I also agree with one of the above posters that the Note 3 offers an experience that no other smartphone on the market offers. That's why I love mine. It's all about the size, power, battery life, and the S-pen.

It's the Note 3. Don't hate.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile a week ago. So far im very happy with it, I could have chosen any flagship phone... is it still a worthy predecessor compared to what's out now?

EDIT: I'm on the JUMP! program.

Posted via T-Mobile Note 3

I was in your same boat. I chose it based on the specs and screen size. I bought my wife the S5 the same day. I think her phone feels a little more refined with the updated TouchWiz but I don't feel like I'm missing out when I grab mine after hers. I'm coming from the S4 and the S5 just wasn't big enough for me. I like the bigger Note 3. But I can play with hers when I get the itch. Best of both worlds. Unless the note feels to big for you, I think you made a good choice. Plus were on jump so no long term commitments anyways. :)

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Very true. LOVE IT!! Main reason I picked up the N3 was the 32GB of storage & the bigger screen over the GS5. I would like to know if Samsung will update Touchwiz that's on the GS5 to the Note 3?

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you think it's worth buying at this time? I've read the note 4 will be announced later this summer.

Smartphones (from all but Apple) are now like the PCs of old - you think of buying one, but wonder if you should hold off for the next model, that will inevitably be announced the day after you buy. Waiting for the 'next best thing' may mean, a) you'll never buy at all, and/or, b) you'll always be disappointed in your purchase, no matter how current the device is.

(I say, "all but Apple" as they seem to be in a time warp with a device and OS that hasn't changed substantively in 7 years. But I digress...)

Find a relatively recent (so upgradeable and supported) device that serves you for what you want to do with it - and look away from the daily hyperbole on what is next down the pipe.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the Note 3 a week ago, had choice of any phone currently out.. needless to say its the best! How does the other newer flagships compare?

EDIT: I'm on the JUMP! program with T-Mobile.

I've had my GN3 for six months...wouldn't trade it for anything! Well, maybe the GN4!! LOL!

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Smartphones (from all but Apple) are now like the PCs of old - you think of buying one, but wonder if you should hold off for the next model, that will inevitably be announced the day after you buy. Waiting for the 'next best thing' may mean, a) you'll never buy at all, and/or, b) you'll always be disappointed in your purchase, no matter how current the device is.

(I say, "all but Apple" as they seem to be in a time warp with a device and OS that hasn't changed substantively in 7 years. But I digress...)

Find a relatively recent (so upgradeable and supported) device that serves you for what you want to do with it - and look away from the daily hyperbole on what is next down the pipe.

Love this advice!

Harshuvinod

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Even i feel.the same.i planned for the fruit phone but decided to go with N3.

The.phone is simply fantastic.

Posted via Android Central App

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I went this week to look at the G5 and the M8, and walked out waiting for the Note 4. My Note 3 (for me) is still the best phone available. I had a similar experience with the Note 2. I get this crazy urge to get a new phone every 6 months and when to change the Note 2 and found nothing until the Note 3. While I can't predict the future and will look at the LG G3, my guess it my next phone will be the Note 4, and I will remain quite happy with the Note 3 until then (YMMV)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I went this week to look at the G5 and the M8, and walked out waiting for the Note 4. My Note 3 (for me) is still the best phone available. I had a similar experience with the Note 2. I get this crazy urge to get a new phone every 6 months and when to change the Note 2 and found nothing until the Note 3. While I can't predict the future and will look at the LG G3, my guess it my next phone will be the Note 4, and I will remain quite happy with the Note 3 until then (YMMV)

Once you have gotten used to the Note and have integrated it into what you do on a regular basis it is hard to switch to anything else.

Sent from my Note 3. It has a pen😉

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I know I did! Note3 has been a great phone, sketch pad, note pad, laptop replacement, cool social tracker, awesome camera and does nice slow mo video!

A bit of pocket fuzz from my Note3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance