Samsung Galaxy Note III Charging Issues

Im2shady4u13

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So I believe something similar has probably been posted a couple times, but I'd still like to have an answer to my specific problem, I'm greedy like that lol. Anyway, I have the Note III, it's barely 2 months old, and recently, it hasn't been charging very well. 3 days ago it started charging sporadically with the included house charger, aka will charge for a minute, then say it's not charging, then charging again, then not, etc, etc, it actually ends up losing charge over time instead of just slowly gaining. The included charge is (i believe) a USB 3.0, and that's what I'm having the issues with. Phone has never been dropped, no water damage, has been in a case the whole time, the charger hasn't been in any awkward angles or coiled up at all, so I don't think the charger is what's damaged. It might be though, because my old Android charger that I have in my car (micro USB) does still charge the phone, not very fast, but I think that's just because it's a low amp car charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I JUST got the phone and would be pretty upset if I had to get it replaced already.

PS it actually degrades in charged % fairly fast, plugged it in yesterday with 15%, after about an hour of not being touched at all, screen brightness all the way down, all apps killed, etc it was down to 5%. Even turning the phone off while it's charging doesn't help, it just doesn't degrade that way, but doesn't do any actual charging.

marshalark

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Well just to be clear a normal batery charge should last just over a day with 4-5 hours of screen time so next time this happens open the battery settings and take screen shots before you charge of the hours it has stayed and the screen time and post it here to give a more exact answer

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For the OP, same thing started happening with mine a few days ago. Thanks for the post.

In my case though neither charging cable wants to stay plugged in. They fall out constantly.

Deb from my Note 3

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can use a toothbrush to clean the charger contacts. Try to pull the battery. If it does not work, call Samsung or the manufacturer for a replacement charger

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Im2shady4u13

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Nvm, I went to the AT&T store and told them about it, they just gave me a new charger and so far it seems to be working just fine, so I guess it was just a charger issue.