Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By mchi5
  • 1 Post By Rmedy21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Hey everyone.

    I have read all the threads and post about the Zerolemon Extended battery for the Note 3 and am tempted to get it. Mainly for the awesome battery life. I hate charging my phone or having battery anxiety.

    I currently have the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery and love it. It last at least double the stock battery and doesn't add too much weight. And am using the Seidio dilex extended case which I like

    For other users who may have used the Anker or Hyperion and went to Zerolemon, should I do it? Is the awesome battery worth the extra weight?





    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  2. #2  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    The weight is worth it if you need the power for a long period of time. This thing is literally a deadly weapon with that battery, it is heavy but you can't argue with the SoT, I've gotten 12 hours on screen and over 30 on battery with nearly continuous use. I use it whenever there is a power outage in our area. It's nice to have around but it's not a daily driver for me.

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    Madd54 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    The weight is worth it if you need the power for a long period of time. This thing is literally a deadly weapon with that battery, it is heavy but you can't argue with the SoT, I've gotten 12 hours on screen and over 30 on battery with nearly continuous use. I use it whenever there is a power outage in our area. It's nice to have around but it's not a daily driver for me.

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Thanks for the quick reply. I want something as a daily driver. So probably will stick with the Anker extended battery. It has been very good, I can get up to 10 hours on screen time with it. Pretty impressive.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    I have the Anker 6400 as well, it is a really decent battery. I routinely get 8+ hours every day. I don't understand how anyone can get those hours from a stock battery. I usually have an extended battery waiting before I get a new phone, lol, I'm battery obsessed. 😄

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    Madd54 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Yeah. Stock battery is pretty weak with how much we can do with the Note 3. I've been very happy with the Anker battery and well worth the small weight increase.



    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    msndrstood likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    I went from stock to ZeroLemon and consider this the best phone upgrade I have ever done (any phone).
    In the case of large phone like Note 3 I actually prefer it to be thicker - seems less likely to bend/crack in my pocket over the thin but fragile naked phone (no more worries after turning it into a brick ). And since you need a large pocket for this phone either way, may as well add some thickness, in addition to incredible battery life. One thing though - if you go with ZeroLemon get a separate screen protector (ie glass) - the built in ZeroLemon screen protector is cheap plastic (imho that's the only downside to this amazing product).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by tgdinamo View Post
    I went from stock to ZeroLemon and consider this the best phone upgrade I have ever done (any phone).
    In the case of large phone like Note 3 I actually prefer it to be thicker - seems less likely to bend/crack in my pocket over the thin but fragile naked phone (no more worries after turning it into a brick ). And since you need a large pocket for this phone either way, may as well add some thickness, in addition to incredible battery life. One thing though - if you go with ZeroLemon get a separate screen protector (ie glass) - the built in ZeroLemon screen protector is cheap plastic (imho that's the only downside to this amazing product).
    Wasn't going from stock Note 3 to the Zerolemon a big shock in terms of weight?

    Yeah I have a tempered glass screen protector on my phone already. I plan to remove the plastic screen protector on the case if I get the Zerolemon

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    Wasn't going from stock Note 3 to the Zerolemon a big shock in terms of weight?
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    I personally like added thickness and weight - the device feels more robust and the rubbery surface makes me feel like I'm less likely to drop it. Also, I'm not worried about something bad happening to it any longer while it's in my pocket (which I did when I had the naked phone - I think it is too thin for the pocket given how large the screen is). Having said that, the weight with the Zerolemon battery is very noticeable, and to be fair I have seen posts where people are objecting to both weight and thickness.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Thanks for the honest opinion. Wished the local AT&T had one or someone I knew had one so I can hold it in person and see firsthand.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    jeepmanjr's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    Hey everyone.

    I have read all the threads and post about the Zerolemon Extended battery for the Note 3 and am tempted to get it. Mainly for the awesome battery life. I hate charging my phone or having battery anxiety.

    I currently have the Anker 6400 mAh extended battery and love it. It last at least double the stock battery and doesn't add too much weight. And am using the Seidio dilex extended case which I like

    For other users who may have used the Anker or Hyperion and went to Zerolemon, should I do it? Is the awesome battery worth the extra weight?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    If you don't mind the extra size once the hard case is installed I highly recommend it. The extended battery life is simply awesome!!! FYI, I popped the plastic protective screen cover out of mine...much better!!

    You can check it out here:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    mchi5's Avatar

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    819 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    Thanks for the video link above. I've seen it before. Still going back and forth on this battery...

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Stick with Anker extended battery or go to Zerolemon?

    I always purchased Hyperion. Just recently my wife's Hyperion battery started to heat up. I think it was the battery time to go any way. But I converted to Anker and believe me the battery is excellent. I get great battery life with this

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    msndrstood likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. How can i connect my Tab 3 7 inch to my TV
    By shaydes in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 7-inch
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2015, 11:04 AM
  2. Battery life degradation
    By thepurpleturtle in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 01:46 PM
  3. Calendar with no task option
    By Mojave in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
  4. What happened to S beam??
    By Jon Jackson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 08:17 AM
  5. Normal or Faulty ?
    By Musaali22 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Posting Permissions