Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Gallery not displaying full size image

Hey guys and gals

I'm on my Note 3 in the Gallery app trying to load an image. It's a JPEG, 21.5MB, 8076 x 12183 px. The Gallery will open the image, but rather than letting me zoom in and enjoy all those sweet megapixels it only lets me pinch in a little bit before pixelating and stopping. I'd say about double. I realize this is a fairly large image, but why can't I zoom in? Anyone know how I can zoom in, or maybe a different app that can handle +30 megapixel images? Thanks!

Default Re: Gallery not displaying full size image

Just a quickie - did you look at details in menu to see if it loaded the full image or compressed it. Did you drag and drop from a pc or card.
    OK that's 2 questions.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Just a quickie - did you look at details in menu to see if it loaded the full image or compressed it. Did you drag and drop from a pc or card.
    OK that's 2 questions.

Not sure what you mean by checking in the menu to see if it's full or compressed, how do I do that?

I copied and pasted it along with several others from my computer. They are now stored on the SD card, and there are several other images in the same folder/album of similar size with the same issue.

As far as I can tell the full image is there, because the details in the Gallery app say it's 20 something MB and shows the correct dimensions. That sounds about right to me. I think it's just an issue with rendering the image.

Posted via Android Central App

What is your favorite camera app?

Note 3: My Note 1's camera was better then this....

You found it your way, so size is not the issue. Can't really help. If you don't get an answer here, try these other 2 recent camera threads where photo buffs hung out. There is probably an app if the phone won't do it. Interesting question.

@teleburst - you around?
    @Z06mike ?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    What is your favorite camera app?

Note 3: My Note 1's camera was better then this....

You found it your way, so size is not the issue. Can't really help. If you don't get an answer here, try these other 2 recent camera threads where photo buffs hung out. There is probably an app if the phone won't do it. Interesting question.

@teleburst - you around?
    @Z06mike ?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/saje3aje.jpg

Thanks. Hopefully I can figure it out or someone might know about this. I checked those other threads they don't pertain to this but some of those people might know about this.

Try quickpic and see if it will let you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    Try quickpic and see if it will let you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I tried it and the same issue is happening.

I don't have this problem myself. I have a 20 MB and a 32 MB jpg and can zoom in way more than double. I can zoom in without any pixelation to the same view as viewing it at 100% size on my computer. Not sure why you are having this issue but thought I should mention that it's not a universal problem.

Edit: Just a thought - you don't have any type of power saving or resource saving features or apps on do you?
    Madd54 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    I don't have this problem myself. I have a 20 MB and a 32 MB jpg and can zoom in way more than double. I can zoom in without any pixelation to the same view as viewing it at 100% size on my computer. Not sure why you are having this issue but thought I should mention that it's not a universal problem.

Edit: Just a thought - you don't have any type of power saving or resource saving features or apps on do you?
    No I don't. No power savings mode, but I never thought of that. Interesting idea.

Are your 20 and 32mb images in the tens of thousands in pixels each direction? I recently learned that the images I'm trying to load are 96MP.

Maybe I could send you a few and you could see if it's the pictures or the phone? I'd appreciate it Can I even upload an image at full quality here?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureKix View Post
    No I don't. No power savings mode, but I never thought of that. Interesting idea.

Are your 20 and 32mb images in the tens of thousands in pixels each direction? I recently learned that the images I'm trying to load are 96MP.

Maybe I could send you a few and you could see if it's the pictures or the phone? I'd appreciate it Can I even upload an image at full quality here?

The 20 MB pic is 21518 x 8490 and the 31.5MB pic is 12700 x 11592. I doubt you can upload files that size here but I don't remember off hand what the size limit is. If you want to upload it online somewhere and give me a link to download I will look at one or two pics and see how they view on my phone. It will have to wait until I am on WiFi to download.