- 2 Posts
Trouble playing some movie files
Just bought a Galaxy Note 3 and I'm having trouble playing a couple of movie files.
One I can see but there's no sound.
Checking the audio codec in VLC on my desktop it says:
A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52) Channels 3F2F/LFE
And another one I can hear but the picture is black.
It's an avi file and the video codec is:
MPEG4 Video XVID Decoded Format Planer 4:2:0 YUV
Other ones I've tried seem ok so far.
Is it a case of downloading codecs or trying a different player?
I've tried The standard supplied one, MX Player and VLC.
- 05-13-2014, 01:57 PM #2
Re: Trouble playing some movie files
Try selecting the S/W decoder option in MX player. U should see it at the top right corner of the player toolbar whole playing
It selects H/W decoder as default when u open a video clip and this has problems with many file Types
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-13-2014, 10:37 PM #4
- By mauiman1959 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM
- By CarrierPigeon in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2014, 09:06 AM
- By Murph5150 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 05-13-2014, 10:27 PM
- By Hashu Rahim in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 10Last Post: 05-13-2014, 05:45 PM
- By Her Silence in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 01:30 PM