IR Blaster does not work

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all before all you start saying this and that yes I have a d8000 series samsung led 3d tv and yes the htc m7 ir blaster worked fine on it but it does not recognise it on my note 3 strange cos its same make

Ulimate Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if its different for a Samsung to Samsung, but did you try the codes for Samsung in Watch On to turn the tv on. I could only get a code to turn my Panasonic Off, though it said On.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If I does not work for your television you have to send an email to the company that handles watch on app. Eventual they will get back to you with some information

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Peel never got back to me in the 2 weeks it took my brain to figure trying it the opposite way to the instructions. Maybe they treat Samsung tv codes as any other.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all before all you start saying this and that yes I have a d8000 series samsung led 3d tv and yes the htc m7 ir blaster worked fine on it but it does not recognise it on my note 3 strange cos its same make

Ulimate Note 3

You didn't give much information here. Does the IR blaster not work with any device or just this one TV? What app are you using on your phone to emit the IR. I have no problem with my IR blaster and Samsung TV myself but it's not clear from what you said if you are talking about a hardware problem or a software problem. There are many IR apps the Play Store and there is a Samsung IR Universal Remote app among them.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Sooo did you just point it at the tv? or did you go to add device/tv - make - try first code or different codes to turn your d8000 on so the tv is recognised?

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I mean watch on

Ulimate Note 3

You still didn't say if it is working with other devices or if you've even tried other devices. Do you see the blue LED light up when you press the buttons? Are you pointing it at the TV correctly? The IR transmitter is on the top of the phone.

Then there is the question Madd54 asked. I first added the wrong Samsung TV code for my TV and it worked to change channels up and down and volume but if I wanted to input channel numbers it would not work properly. Did you go through all the codes?

If you are still having a problem I would really suggest trying the app I mentioned. It is not the prettiest interface but it has a ton of codes and the dev will personally help you with codes. So if you can't get it to work with your TV, that is one of your best bets.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's not your television or the Ir blaster. Apparently peel does not have the codes updated for your television.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you agreed to the 'basic info' privacy policy, entered your age range and gender, then it probably is as Rmedy21 said and Peel haven't updated the code for your model, which may be Samsungs fault. Which is odd, I'll admit.
Use the app to send them a query, on both forms. I would say you will be contacting Samsung CS as you have a top line 2011/d? TV and are not happy.

ujave6ur.jpg

9u4ejamy.jpg

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

miniandroid

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
There are so many devices in the market today, no database can be completely up to date at any time. Your best bet is to contact their support to add the IR remote codes.
There is a ZappIR remote app on Google Play Store that has over 700,000 devices in their database. Worth to try out their free trial version.
You still didn't say if it is working with other devices or if you've even tried other devices. Do you see the blue LED light up when you press the buttons? Are you pointing it at the TV correctly? The IR transmitter is on the top of the phone.

Then there is the question Madd54 asked. I first added the wrong Samsung TV code for my TV and it worked to change channels up and down and volume but if I wanted to input channel numbers it would not work properly. Did you go through all the codes?

If you are still having a problem I would really suggest trying the app I mentioned. It is not the prettiest interface but it has a ton of codes and the dev will personally help you with codes. So if you can't get it to work with your TV, that is one of your best bets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084