Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default KK users:can you write to a folder created by another app with ES or similar?

I got the KitKat update a few days ago, and was worried about being able to write to folders created by another app. But when I tried it, I could use ES to copy to multiple directories created by other apps. I am not rooted.

What about you? Does ES or other third party file manager work for you? Or only the stock file manager? Also if you are rooted, then please state it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: KK users:can you write to a folder created by another app with ES or similar?

Solid explorer seems to be working as well.

Default Re: KK users:can you write to a folder created by another app with ES or similar?

Two good apps for this purpose (I'm not rooted but they also have additional rooted features) are File Expert and X-Plore. X-Plore has a better interface but they each have their own advantages. They both work well for moving, copying, renaming, deleting, etc files to/from/within the SD Card with Kit Kat.