Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd behavior after KitKat update

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. Whenever waking up my Note 3 and unlocking the screen, it's sometimes launches the phone app by itself and brings me to the Logs screen. Sometimes it will even do it when I close an application I was just using.
    It doesn't happen every time though, just enough to be a nuisance.
    Anyone else experience that our something similar before?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Odd behavior after KitKat update

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMichaelD1979 View Post
    Wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. Whenever waking up my Note 3 and unlocking the screen, it's sometimes launches the phone app by itself and brings me to the Logs screen. Sometimes it will even do it when I close an application I was just using.

Well, that looks weird to me are you sure that you are not clicking over the call log ? I think that you may be accidentally clicking over the call log button which lands you over the call logs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, I'm absolutely sure I'm not doing that. My lock screen is set to unlock with a swipe when my Gear 2 is nearby. My originating position of the swipe is no where near the phone app shortcut. I'm baffled on this one. I tried looking for any options in system that would relate to what it's doing but there's nothing pertaining to launching an app on unlock.

weird....

There are other posts about gear causing issues and call screen popping up randomly. I think they decided to notify Samsung about it...looks like a communication error between devices...you could try an app like ON CALL END And see if it helps...It tries to avoid the call log at the end of a process...might work.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMichaelD1979 View Post

I haven't noticed that particular problem but in general if I'm have an app that is acting a bit flakey I've found that uninstalling it or the updates, rebooting the phone then reinstalling it seems to help on many occasions.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Oh wow, I do see those other posts. Apparently my issue is being experienced by many others as well that also have the gear 2 neo. I'll try the suggestion you had as well as the other posts'.

Thank you