Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Can't move a view movies on the Note 3

I've had the note 1 for two years and loved it so thought hey why not get the 3 it can only work faster . But now that I've got it I'm not enjoying the experience I've put in a 64gb sd card and when ever I down load movies via torrents I can watch them first but when I movie the file onto my sd card it tells me it can't play the video ........ why the first not ? Forwards not backwards please or do I just go back to the iPhone ?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't move a view movies on the Note 3

Since you said movies via torrents, It sounds like DRM to me, but I could be wrong. Just a guess.

If you move anything to external sd since 4.4 you better be finding s third party app that will find and play it...any music or pics that people have been moving can be found by stock music player, gallery etc.
    Maybe someone who has had kit Kat for a while will chime in with some help.

You can move things to external sd our cloud for storage and then move them back to phone sd to play them...this would not be bad for movies..but for photos or music it stinks.
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
    You can move things to external sd our cloud for storage and then move them back to phone sd to play them...this would not be bad for movies..but for photos or music it stinks.
    You don't have to move them anywhere to play them. I play videos from SD Card with MX Player and music with Rocket Player or Poweramp. Viewing photos from SD works fine as well. There are many other programs that work with the SD Card. The OP'S problem sounds like he is trying to play copyright protected files that are pirated, which is a different issue.
    Ivan_034 and palandri like this.

To me it sounded like he was moving to an external sd card from phone storage and since kk the phone viewer and gallery will not let you access newly moved items...at least that's how it works for me...unless you find a good third party app that will find the newly moved files you can't watch, view , or listen....old external sd files get found just fine...It's anything we move after kk update...I could have misunderstood the original post tho.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Hi guys thanks for the in put . Yes to begin with the file is down loaded onto the phone storage . Then what I'm trying to do is move it onto the sd storage as to keep my phones go's free for app and so on plus I may want to watch the movies on a bigger screen. But when ever I move or copy a file from phone storage to sd (or even to my laptop) it can't be viewed. I've already got mx player () and that's not able to play the files . I never had this with my old note 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chann Lion View Post
    Hi guys thanks for the in put . Yes to begin with the file is down loaded onto the phone storage . Then what I'm trying to do is move it onto the sd storage as to keep my phones go's free for app and so on plus I may want to watch the movies on a bigger screen. But when ever I move or copy a file from phone storage to sd (or even to my laptop) it can't be viewed. I've already got mx player () and that's not able to play the files . I never had this with my old note 1

Most likely it is an issue with the player and KitKat then. The stock video player that Samsung provides works with videos on the sd card.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3