Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 7 Post By sarkycow
  • 1 Post By jpr
  • 1 Post By Harshuvinod
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  • 1 Post By Dude2
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By Spencerdl
  • 1 Post By phoneaddict78
  • 1 Post By Kalvin Kerns
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default San Diego wildfires and Note 3 experience

Hi all,

This is just a wee posting to talk about my experience this last week.

As many of you all may have seen on the news all the wildfires in North county San Diego this week. These have all been from within a couple of blocks to 20 miles from my house.

My husband and I (and our two cats) were evacuated on Wednesday morning with really only enough notice to grab the things we'd packed up when the first fire started. At one point we had 8 fires within 10-20 mins from our home.

My husband and I both have note 3's - we had downloaded the San Diego County emergency app (fantastic app btw) which gave constant updates, allowed us to look at where the fires were, read evacuation notices, find where shelters were set up etc. As well as having this app & notifications going 24-7, we called everyone in our congregation to ensure they were safe (60+calls), had 2 teleconferences each day, as well as calling/texting family members/friends each day to let them know how we were etc.

This combined with reading the news constantly, my husband having to run his business without direct access to a computer, and general day to day usage was a real test for our note 3s endurance.

The battery life has been amazing. We had enough worries about our home, friends etc we didn't need the added worry of ..sh!t the battery is dying where/when can it be charged.

I didn't ever think I'd have to test my phone in an emergency situation but at least now I know that the note 3 stands upto the challenge.

We were allowed to come back home earlier this evening. So I thought I would just share my wee story with you all.

If any of you or your families were also having to deal with the wildfires I hope you/they are all safe and sound.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App
    jpr, Gator352, rajnet and 4 others like this.
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Default Re: San Diego wildfires and Note 3 experience

Glad you're back home safe and sound and that your Note 3 served you well. Hope the worst is over.
    sarkycow likes this.

Hope your are doing well.Good to know that N3 takes a prority in life.

sarkycow likes this.

Glad you and hubby are safe and that the N3 was there for you in your time of need!

Good luck and be careful!
    sarkycow likes this.

Wow that is quite the saga. Glad you and your husband and property are safe. Did you guys have any spare batteries or just the 3200mA battery that came with the Note 3?
    sarkycow likes this.

So glad you all, your property and neighbours were safe. Seems to have been well organised. Not nice to have to leave your home at short notice. Relief to get back I'm sure.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    sarkycow likes this.

Glad to hear everyone is safe and sound...BE SAFE
    sarkycow likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Dude2 View Post
    Wow that is quite the saga. Glad you and your husband and property are safe. Did you guys have any spare batteries or just the 3200mA battery that came with the Note 3?
    Thanks for all the well wishes. We are very glad we (and everyone we know) are safe.

I was concerned for my husband because he has already lost one house to a fire (his house burned down 5 yrs ago) and we are currently rebuilding - I don't think he could cope with 2 houses burning down.

We had one spare battery (same as the one in the phone) which I made sure was fully charged when the first fire started.

We also had JUST bought one of these (link attached) for camping but it actually came in really useful as we didn't always have access to an outlet be it in the car or otherwise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHG...idcentral00-20

Sarks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Glad to hear your family is safe and you're back home!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app
    sarkycow likes this.

Glad you're all safe and good to know how well the N3 did during your time of need. Thank you for sharing.

sarkycow likes this.