Just got my Note 3

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm so happy with my new device best thing ever battery life is sensational this is why I moved from BB10 couldn't fit all in look forward to chatting to you all in the future here on Android Central any hints and tips for my Note3?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-21-46-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-21-46-03.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-21-45-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-21-45-45.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 218

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know the BB10 but coming to the Note 3 from an iPhone 4S was a HUGE improvement.

I love my N3 to bits.

I'd recommend Nova Launcher too. The N3 annoyed me at first because it had a HUGE screen but the same or fewer icons than the iPhone. With Nova, I have a 6x7 grid and 7 in the dock. Luxury :)

Welcome to Android.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ConGrats on your new Note3 and Welcome to Android Central. I left my Z10 in the dust for the Note3 as well and haven't looked back......ENJOY

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Grats! I'm a convert from iPhone myself and it's definitely different and fun. Just so much more to do than ios has. I doubt I'll be returning lol. Welcome.

Last edited:

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm so happy with my new device best thing ever battery life is sensational this is why I moved from BB10 couldn't fit all in look forward to chatting to you all in the future here on Android Central any hints and tips for my Note3?

CONGRATS!! I love my GN3! My wife just got her GS5...I think she realizes she made a mistake! LOL!!! It's always a good day when the husband is right!! :)

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Many congrats and enjoy your new toy. I'll give you a few weeks and then you'll wish for a bigger battery life, which is what happened to me :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have six to eight of the most popular launchers on my Note 3. I always go back to Next Launcher 3D Shell. For me as a power business user I need the ToDo List and Calendar widgets, etc. that come with Next 3D Shell. Nova Prime, Apex and some of the others are better price performers but for customizing the maximum widgets and icons Next is just over the top for efficiency and they are updating with new features every month or two.

For day to day productivity of a power user and business professional Next is what I really use. As of today I have Nova Prime($4.00, updated Aug 17, 2013) and Next Launcher 3D Shell($16.99, updated May 14, 2014) as well as some of the other popular launchers for 2014. If money is tight and you can live without some of the features, widgets, not interested in a 3D User Interface then Nova will probably be good enough. I always have said Nova is one of the best bang for the buck launchers, but............

Next 3D Shell is the Cadillac of Launchers right now and as you can see it comes with a Cadillac price but as a power user it is worth the extra money because I depend on the Calendar, ToDo List and other PIM widgets so much.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies - sensational device is there a Note3 charger bundle? I'll probably never use it but I like accessories

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the 'hood.

There are a few good 'apps' threads here to keep you busy in the Play store for a long time.

The general sticky threads are also very very good.

Enjoy!

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies - sensational device is there a Note3 charger bundle? I'll probably never use it but I like accessories

Have you looked in the Note 3 case thread. Only like 100 or so pages I think :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

darkmage619

May 9, 2014
Visit site
KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central Beware of KitKat. It will change how you use your note and you WILL lose some functionality if you 'upgrade'. The link posted gives some info about how it makes the sd card harder to access. Most of the time that little detail is left out of the update notes. Others have also complained about battery drain and many apps breaking that relied on the sd card. I would avoid the upgrade at all costs because I have yet to find any benefit Kitkat has over Jelly Bean. You have been warned and enjoy your note 3!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Download Solo Launcher. It's the same as Nova and totally free for all of the exact same features. I switched to Solo and I love it. There are some issues with the latest version or the unread notification software Nova uses. Solo doesn't have the problem.

SwiftKey is a keyboard, not a launcher, but it's also a tremendous product! Get the SwiftKey Beta - it has the extra "numbers" row on top!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have seen no difference where my SD Card is concerned and I went from the Note 2 to the Note 3 and updated to Kit Kat the day I got my Note 3. I can still do everything with my SD Card that I could do before. I use "My Files" that is a Samsung app on the phone, to move, delete, rename, copy and create new folders, all just like before. My camera still stores pictures to my SD Card. I read part of the thread that was linked and I see no difference with my SD Card now on Kit Kat at all. You can't put apps on there that you have a widget on the homescreen for, but it has always been that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude