Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why it is using so much battery.

Why Android OS is using so much battery. I left my phone idle with wifi on for about 1:30 hours and after I checked Android OS consumed so much battery. Anyone knows the problem?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Why it is using so much battery.

How much battery had actually been used at the time that screenshot was taken? The battery icon in the notification bar looks mostly full, so my guess is that the battery was still >90%. Even though you're not using the phone, there will still be some battery consumption by some parts of the system--it's not like the phone is completely off. So of the small amount of battery that was used over 1.5 hrs of idle, the majority was the system, which isn't surprising. Remember that these are percentages, not absolutes.

I am guessing that the "57.4% of battery consumed" reported by GSam in your screenshot only refers to the percentage of the absolute battery usage attributed to apps. So if the absolute battery use so far had been about 5% (for example), then 57.4% of that (or about 2.5% of absolute battery usage) was due to all of those apps, and only 2% of absolute battery usage was due to the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Why Android OS is using so much battery. I left my phone idle with wifi on for about 1:30 hours and after I checked Android OS consumed so much battery. Anyone knows the problem?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/20/8agy7egy.jpg

Amir your kernal android app or a root is eating your phone maybe its a virus from a dev I hate rooting phones I did it on my note one I had nothing but a big nighmare ended up having the phone bricked bin job

Ulimate Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by waz ahmer View Post
    Amir your kernal android app or a root is eating your phone maybe its a virus from a dev I hate rooting phones I did it on my note one I had nothing but a big nighmare ended up having the phone bricked bin job

Ulimate Note 3
    There is no virus....

It looks like the phone wasn't used very long... So therefore the biggest drain on the battery in that short period of time was the OS.. Hence why it has a high percent.

If you barley use the phone the OS will be the biggest drain on the battery since nothing else is running to use up the battery.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Amir likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the reply guys.