Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By neonworm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Downgrade 4k?

    Is there a possible way to downgrade down to say 1080p from 4k. My computer can't handle it and it just lags every so often. Is there a program available it could be an app or on a computer.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Do you mean recording in 1080p instead of 4K? There is an option in the camera settings that allow you to change the resolution at which the camera takes pictures or video. Set it to 1920x1080
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Do you mean recording in 1080p instead of 4K? There is an option in the camera settings that allow you to change the resolution at which the camera takes pictures or video. Set it to 1920x1080
    I already recorded the video in 4k. I just want to scale it down to 1080p.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Quote Originally Posted by oscari View Post
    I already recorded the video in 4k. I just want to scale it down to 1080p.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Why don't you just record it in 1080p in the first place?
    Ivan_034 likes this.
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Quote Originally Posted by oscari View Post
    I already recorded the video in 4k. I just want to scale it down to 1080p.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Something like this would probably do the trick
    HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Well for some computers I've used the 4k videos ran well but not the one I'm using currently.

    Okay I got it scaled down (one of many videos) now thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,178 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

    Default Re: Downgrade 4k?

    Quote Originally Posted by oscari View Post
    Well for some computers I've used the 4k videos ran well but not the one I'm using currently.

    Okay I got it scaled down (one of many videos) now thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Glad you got it working
    See you around the forums

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Similar Threads

  1. A quick 4k video taken with my z2.
    By Andyvalver in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
  2. Downgrading
    By AhmadS3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 12:36 AM
  3. Help On Downgrading?
    By AndroidHTC2013 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM
  4. 4K Video
    By monicakm in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 09:54 PM
  5. 4K video playback is slow
    By wookiee2cu in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions