Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did KitKat Fix The SD Card Unmounting Itself?

my girlfriend's s4 and my note 3 have experienced the same problems of the phones ejecting the sd card on their own. In my girlfriend's case with her s4, it also formatted the card so she lost everything. the card wouldn't even register in my computers sd slot. within a few weeks, my note 3 did the same thing. i looked at my phone and i had lost 20% of battery in about 30 minutes without even using it. It was because my note was continuously mounting and unmounting my sd card. A quick search on the internet found that this problem occurs in many samsung devices. it's probably a hardware issue, but i'm just curious since we have both upgraded to kitkat if there is any kind of fix for it?
    FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

Default Re: Did KitKat Fix The SD Card Unmounting Itself?

That's gotta be hardware on your phone. I have 2 Note 3's and have NEVER seen this behavior.

I experienced a similar issue on a older phone. The SD card ended up failing. My first reaction would be try a different SD Card. Or try a new one from a good name brand like Sandisk.

Posted via Android Central App
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

I picked up my phone just now. There was a triangle in the panel saying 'sd card unexpectedly removed'. This was immediately followed by 'preparing sd card'. I checked Storage, Gallery and Music. Everything is normal. The phone had not been moved in 30 minutes. I may have seen this once before recently. This is my 2nd Samsung.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Sent from this thing using a finger.

Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I've experience this as well on both my note 2 and 3 and like maverick said the cards eventually ended up failing and needed to be replaced. I switched over to Samsung branded SD cards and haven't had any problems with them using the same phones. I'm not sure why that is, but I'll always buy samsung branded SD cards from now on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zeuswsu View Post
    I've experience this as well on both my note 2 and 3 and like maverick said the cards eventually ended up failing and needed to be replaced. I switched over to Samsung branded SD cards and haven't had any problems with them using the same phones. I'm not sure why that is, but I'll always buy samsung branded SD cards from now on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I know Samsung make their own cards, and along with SanDisk are considered the best.
    My card is a Samsung. I have had it in my Note 3 for around 6 months.
    It is possible the card is starting to fail, I guess. I just unmounted it, pulled it and put it back in. If it starts to show warnings again I will look at changing it.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Sent from this thing using a finger.

Exaggerating since 756 BC

Take Note: I'm a Stickler for Detial