Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insane Battery Life Note3

I'm a heavy user of my Note3 and today I got 8 hours screen on time and I'm still on 22% I'm no light user I'm constantly pushing my phone I left my home with 96% this morning the time was roughly 8.25am I've been playing NSS all day (soccer battery consuming game) been generally whizzing around the phone and my shock I can't crack it I'll admit it the last two hours I've been in low brightness power saving mode however it's still amazing - I think it may be something to do with a CPU and RAM app I downloaded which shuts app when you lock the phone and shuts any apps taking up lots of ram it also gets rid of junk files eg cache which I had tons of. The app is Clean Master it rules I also downloaded Battery Doctor which helps - I'm undecided between Battery Widget Reborn or Battery Doctor! But anyway I'm loving my Note3 experience of course I won't always be able to have the brightness down especially in bright areas as that screen goes ridiculously dim. I believe it's 2 knits which is frightening.

Posted via Android Central App
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

Default re: Insane Battery Life Note3

Nope, shutting down apps and cleaning RAM doesn't give you better battery on this phone. Android likes its RAM full...and likes having apps open, so it takes less power to get back to running apps. I have Clean Master...and it's basically nothing more than "clear RAM" in the native active apps widget.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

I get max of 4 and a half hours screen time in a full day. However, I usually get around 3 and a half, because I sometimes play half an hour to an hour on HOC (Online 3d game) still want a ton more battery life, how do you do it!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isc73 View Post
    I get max of 4 and a half hours screen time in a full day. However, I usually get around 3 and a half, because I sometimes play half an hour to an hour on HOC (Online 3d game) still want a ton more battery life, how do you do it!!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    He has a Neo - screen, among other things, should use significantly less battery than ours. And it has a 3100mAh battery despite that.

8 hours! Wow!!! I used to get 6 hours when I was on JB, lucky if I get 5 now that I am on KK. I wish I could get 8 hours.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

He's lying. See his other thread about battery life.

Darn..... That's kind of a downer... I was hoping that he had some super cool $100 app that I could have downloaded to get 8 hours screen time.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Actually I charged my battery back up again and this happened.

FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

12 hours of screen-on time in two charge cycles, and a full 2 1/2 hour charge, all in in 11 hours? Really? How's that physically possible?
    emad1995 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    12 hours of screen-on time in two charge cycles, and a full 2 1/2 hour charge, all in in 11 hours? Really? How's that physically possible?
    Two different people two phones - Jesus thanks for stalking me for the past 2 days as well.

FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

2 different people on the same board with the same name and the same post count right?
    emad1995 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    2 different people on the same board with the same name and the same post count right?
    FBA you crack me up 😂

Spencerdl and Madd54 like this.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

Well, I just couldn't resist...and apparently, I'm a stalker now too!!!

Global Posts
    7,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Insane Battery Life Note3

Unless you're trying to troubleshoot a specific wakelock or similar issue, I'd get rid of the battery saving and RAM clearing and task killing apps. As indicated earlier, those are going to be more detrimental than beneficial to both performance and battery life.

Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I would like to see some screen shots of the battery stats and the graph please.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Madd54 likes this.

I just want the trolls to stop marketing fake battery optimizers in device subforums. There's areas for that stuff, use them.

Insane Battery Life Note3-uploadfromtaptalk1401122109346.jpgInsane Battery Life Note3-uploadfromtaptalk1401122130036.jpg
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Gear S

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401122109346.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	120060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401122130036.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	120061
    Well, that's definitely low brightness at work there. And the Android System power usage is *miles* too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Well, that's definitely low brightness at work there. And the Android System power usage is *miles* too high.
    Nah its on auto. It's only looks really low due to it always being lower when under 5%

Android system is always higher since updating to kitkat. It tends to be at times over 28% some days.

Nah its on auto. It's only looks really low due to it always being lower when under 5%

Android system is always higher since updating to kitkat. It tends to be at times over 28% some days.
    One time I had 3h 30 min screen on with auto brightness, and my android system was using 39% battery while screen was using 22%. KitKat has some battery drain issues :E

I think @Golfdriver97 was asking the OP for battery screenshots with the usage graph.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emad1995 View Post
    One time I had 3h 30 min screen on with auto brightness, and my android system was using 39% battery while screen was using 22%. KitKat has some battery drain issues :E

Wow, that's a terrible regression. My Android System is 4% not 25-40%. I am 64% battery after 24hrs off the mains on my Flex. When it first came out the Note 3 had good battery and one of the best screen-on times too, this KK....wait. Did you factory reset after Kit Kat? Or not? I keep hearing it makes a big difference on some phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Wow, that's a terrible regression. My Android System is 4% not 25-40%. I am 64% battery after 24hrs off the mains on my Flex. When it first came out the Note 3 had good battery and one of the best screen-on times too, this KK....wait. Did you factory reset after Kit Kat? Or not? I keep hearing it makes a big difference on some phones.
    I never did that as I havnt needed to really. Even though Android system is a lot higher on kitkat battery life is still great so hasn't been an issue to me. Not sure why it's higher on kitkat but as I said I get on average 5 hours screen time and well over a day+ total

Global Posts
    7,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I never did that as I havnt needed to really. Even though Android system is a lot higher on kitkat battery life is still great so hasn't been an issue to me. Not sure why it's higher on kitkat but as I said I get on average 5 hours screen time and well over a day+ total
    It might just be a change in the categorization of certain tasks and/or a different methodology of executing similar functionality that is handled by the OS instead of a separate app, etc.

I don't fully get all this battery talk about the note3, I'm very happy with my battery time and am on kk or 4.4.2, I tend to charge my note3, either once a day or once every 2, sometimes even 3 days depending on what I do with it, today, this morning rather, I think I woke with 88% on batterry, last charge was sometime yesterday eve, but either way I thought it did ok streaming 5 to 6 hours of youtube constant before the 15% window poped up...love the phone and it's ridiculously long battery life...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast