Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default black bands on touchscreen when it's turned off?

So this is my first post here and I tried go ogling this and couldn't find anything so I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question.

I just noticed some black bands on my Note 3 when the screen is off. The bands look like a lighter black and they're all on the middle left of the screen. I didn't notice them at all throughout the day, although I *did* just have another screen protector put on.

I haven't dropped it, although I did have a really tight Trident Kraken case on it.

Basically I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worried about or if I'm just over thinking things.

Any advice is super appreciated! !

Default Re: black bands on touchscreen when it's turned off?

Are you saying they only showed up after the screen protector was put on? If so, I'd take it off and see what my phone screen looked like.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: black bands on touchscreen when it's turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Are you saying they only showed up after the screen protector was put on? If so, I'd take it off and see what my phone screen looked like.
    As far as I know, yes. I know without a doubt it wasn't on my screen when I was on my break at work because I would have noticed it. I think I'll do just as you suggest since I have another one and a spare from trident tomorrow and see how it looks.