Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How much faster is 4G LTE?

Im located in the UK and I've always wondered about 4G I'm on Three UK now you Americans might believe EE is the best and biggest and certainly your right about the biggest however Three is a lot faster than my friends 4G, Three is suppose to be superfast and my god it is my pages load in 1-6 seconds depending on flash and my BBM send time is milliseconds. I'm very happy however since I'm running on 3G (well HSPA+ it says) how much faster will 4G be when it arrives because I may live in a City but Three has only just started the rollout with the major London and Manchester areas the only connected, so how much faster will 4G be?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How much faster is 4G LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfBriggs View Post
    Im located in the UK and I've always wondered about 4G I'm on Three UK now you Americans might believe EE is the best and biggest and certainly your right about the biggest however Three is a lot faster than my friends 4G, Three is suppose to be superfast and my god it is my pages load in 1-6 seconds depending on flash and my BBM send time is milliseconds. I'm very happy however since I'm running on 3G (well HSPA+ it says) how much faster will 4G be when it arrives because I may live in a City but Three has only just started the rollout with the major London and Manchester areas the only connected, so how much faster will 4G be?

It depends on the configuration, and other things like signal and load. I don't know what is being deployed, but peek lte speeds can range from 37.5mbps on 5x5 up to 150mbps on 20x20mhz on fdd. Tdd, I believe maximum right now is 63mbps.

This is for a single carrier. Combining carriers known as carrier aggregation can get faster speeds, although current devices see category 4,so maximum for now is 150mbps anyway. Probably next year, cat 6/7 devices will come out supporting 300mbps through lte-a with carrier aggregation.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    AlfBriggs likes this.

Below is a speed test running HSPA. The next is LTE.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much faster is 4G LTE?-1400961518067.jpg   How much faster is 4G LTE?-1400961527817.jpg  
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Below is a speed test running HSPA. The next is LTE.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Impressive very big increase where are you located may I ask?

My speeds here in Fayetteville, Ark, USA

Posted from my VZW LG G3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much faster is 4G LTE?-5397.jpg  

4g is the bees knees

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador

This is the fastest I have gotten on LTE.

my H+ is around 10mbps, LTE is around 20-30mbps.

yes LTE is faster, but is it necessary? no. I don't see anything on a mobile device that "requires" 30mbps network speed, unless you are download GB sized files all the time.

in short, LTE is faster, and faster is always nice, but its not something that swept me off the ground.
    GN3, LP, TMO, BLK, 96G, 3200/9660mAh/ZTE OPEN C w FFOS 2.2
    Use Firefox Mobile for Android for enhanced security, speed, privacy, and battery.

When I used t-mobile, 4g was around 1-3mbps at home and at work. 4glte was around 35mbps.