Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Default Is it too late for the note 3?

I am quite sceptical about purchasing this device in the near future hopefully the price drops a bit. Also I want know if its future proof enough because it has got pretty good specs.

Global Posts
    7,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Is it too late for the note 3?

The hardware should be more than fine, it's still in line with devices being released currently. As far as price drops go, I'd expect a slight drop towards the end of Summer when the Note 4 is getting ready to be released, but otherwise just keep an eye open on Amazon, etc for sales and use price matching to your advantage.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    The hardware should be more than fine, it's still in line with devices being released currently. As far as price drops go, I'd expect a slight drop towards the end of Summer when the Note 4 is getting ready to be released, but otherwise just keep an eye open on Amazon, etc for sales and use price matching to your advantage.
    I can get one brand new on ebay here in the uk for about 300.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Depends on your needs. But performance wise, the s5 has the 801 which is slightly faster. The Note 3 may get the 805 which is slightly faster than that. But not a huge xpu upgrade. Now the gpu does have a nice upgrade between the 800 and 805 so gaming might be a consideration. Then again, due to it's plastic body, the Galaxy devices are not ideal for gaming anyway.

There are of course other improvements and additions, so it depends on what you need. But performance wise, I think that the note 3 would hold its own against upcoming phones this year.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Depends on your definition of future proof. A new Note 4 is supposedly going to be announced or released around August or September.

No cell phone is future proof. Take Apple. They come out with a new phone every 6-8 months.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

I don't think it's true you can get a new in box, SM-N9005, EU Region for 300 on eBay.
    Add 70 - 80 to be sure.

If you can get it for 300 - 380 it's a no brainer, it trumps everything out there for 200-300 more. You can barely buy mid range older phones at that price. If you want an M8 or S5 for 550ish you're paying a premium.
    Now is a great time to buy a Note 3. Selling one, not so good. Don't risk one at 300, any Note 3 can have a fault so you want to be able to get a replacement.
    I bought mine on eBay sealed ex Amazon for 450 in late November. That was a great buy then. Get a proper one at 370 - 380.
    Oh, and once you adjust to the size, and you have already thought of that by your question, there is still nothing near as good out there. I just wish it had a newer UI, but that can be fixed if you want to tinker, I don't.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Madd54; 05-25-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Spencerdl and dc52ltr like this.

The Note 3 is still an amazing phone. I would go for it.
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    Ivan_034 and Rubus Roo like this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I just went for it myself.

Coming from an iPhone 5S, and being a bit bored with iOS, I spent quite a bit of time looking at different phones.

I ended up with the Note 3 three or four weeks ago... Had a tad of buyers remorse, and looked at others, to see if I should switch again.

Nothing out there met my needs, like the Note 3 does, so I'm sticking with it. I doubt anything at all will tickle my fancy prior to the Note 4...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PxuLL View Post
    I am quite sceptical about purchasing this device in the near future hopefully the price drops a bit. Also I want know if its future proof enough because it has got pretty good specs.
    Battery, CPU, screen, stylus. It's gonna last a while. That said, maybe in a year there will be a phone with 5000mAh silver battery. Ya got to get something eventually, just don't get a 1.5GHz duo at this late time.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperdk View Post
    I just went for it myself.

Coming from an iPhone 5S, and being a bit bored with iOS, I spent quite a bit of time looking at different phones.

I ended up with the Note 3 three or four weeks ago... Had a tad of buyers remorse, and looked at others, to see if I should switch again.

Nothing out there met my needs, like the Note 3 does, so I'm sticking with it. I doubt anything at all will tickle my fancy prior to the Note 4...
    Why did you have buyer's remorse? I went from an iPhone 5 to note 3 and thought to myself "why didn't I switch to the Note 3 sooner!"

Thanked by 2:
    Spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    Why did you have buyer's remorse? I went from an iPhone 5 to note 3 and thought to myself "why didn't I switch to the Note 3 sooner!"

Not so much buyers remorse, more "I wonder if that Nokia 1520 is better"...

Needless to say, it's nowhere near the Note 3. Nice looking device, excellent battery life, and great camera... But other than that... No contest at all.
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    anon8380037 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperdk View Post
    Not so much buyers remorse, more "I wonder if that Nokia 1520 is better"...

Needless to say, it's nowhere near the Note 3. Nice looking device, excellent battery life, and great camera... But other than that... No contest at all.
    Ah I gotcha!

Thanked by 3:

"It's never too late...... la la la la ..... you've still got time..... la la la.."

Go Kylie.

Thanks Ivan. I'll be singing that in my sleep now.

Spencerdl and Ivan_034 like this.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

I just got mines the other day. Off contract of course. You can get one for around 350 - if you don't mind paying that much. That's still a steal for a used Note 3 nowadays.
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl and anon8380037 like this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I see no reason not to get the note 3 I just got mine Thursday and it's a great device. If your gonna hold out for the note 4 keep I'm mind if it comes with the 805 and a GHD display gaming will be comororable to what you have now with the note 3. The cpu upgrade will be negligible. I say if you like it get it.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

It's best you wait for the note 4, since it will be released soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Alexander View Post
    It's best you wait for the note 4, since it will be released soon.

Posted via Android Central App
    In August or September. I say get the Note 3 now and you can upgrade when the Note 4 comes out. Probably can trade in the Note 3 for a decent trade in amount

I just got the s5 a couple weeks ago coming from a iPhone I have been jailbreaking for a long time and many mods but really got sick of Apple with there same ole same Ole every time new software came out there was no jailbreak for the longest time. I have done most of the tweets that I had on the iPhone from downloads from the play store without even rooting how bad is that? I will never go back to crapple but after thinking this was a big jump for me as far as screen size from the iPhone now I wish I would have got the note 3 lol so I will defenently get the note 4

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

IMO wait for the Note 4 if you can. it's just too close. otherwise - you will regret it.

good luck.

The Note3 is an excellent device and it's not to late in my opinion. I really don't see anything out there that is better. Ther Note4 will probably be a little better but not by much.
    Rubus Roo likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Snapdragon 805, Flexible, 4K Display In The Works?

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/tablet...-display-works

Here are 4 killer features Samsung will reportedly add to the Galaxy Note 4

https://bgr.com/2014/05/23/samsung-g...ored-features/

Insider claims to reveal launch date for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Revealed? | BGR
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    Depends on your definition of future proof. A new Note 4 is supposedly going to be announced or released around August or September.

No cell phone is future proof. Take Apple. They come out with a new phone every 6-8 months.

Apple typically comes out with a new phone every year.

Thanked by:
    mchi5 

Global Posts
    7,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Apple typically comes out with a new phone every year.

Here's the release schedule so far:

Based on this, if I were going to pick a date for the iPhone 6, it'd be September 19th or possibly September 26th, but I'd lean harder to the 19th as that's 364 days. However, ignoring the anomaly between 2010 and 2011 (when they moved from Summer to Fall), any Friday between August 29th to October 3rd would be fair game: 8/29, 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26 or 10/3.

I'm not clear if the OP is willing to spend 700+ and wait for the Note 4 to be available, and / or pick up an unused Note 3 for half that, look after it, and sell it on for little loss when the Note 4 is on sale. You might still lose 100 on depreciation but that's pretty good. So if you have discounted other phones its a win win every way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast