Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default A Week With The Note3 - My Review!

Hi I'm coming to the Note3 from the BlackBerry Z10 I had only previously owned BlackBerries and an iPad Mini Retina and iPod 4G, I've always liked the look of Android and Samsung phones in particular I always wondered about the Note3 however it was too expensive and I wondered if it would be too big and I didn't want to leave BlackBerry. But as I was searching for a new phone and looking at the iPhone 5C but then I thought I'd look at the Note3 as to be honest it was my dream phone if I ever left BlackBerry which in the end I had to. And then the phone came it felt huge, but as they say 'once you go big you never go back'. And wow its blazing fast sure it has its flaws there's too many settings TouchWiz has its occasional lag however once you jump into your apps and type on that sweet SwiftKey keyboard you simply don't care - I know there is lag however I'm yet to witness any serious lag on this phone and compared to other phones it's blazing fast. Everything is amazing - I've found my perfect font aswell I love it! It's a massive stepup from any phone and I genuinely believe it's the best phone on the market, I love it so much I'm so glad to be part of the wonderful Android community I know I haven't mentioned battery life but apparently you get bullied if you do. Also I do like the S-Pen functionality and although I don't use it much it's nice to know it's there, this phone is my friend!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: A Week With The Note3 - My Review!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfBriggs View Post
    Hi I'm coming to the Note3 from the BlackBerry Z10 I had only previously owned BlackBerries and an iPad Mini Retina and iPod 4G, I've always liked the look of Android and Samsung phones in particular I always wondered about the Note3 however it was too expensive and I wondered if it would be too big and I didn't want to leave BlackBerry. But as I was searching for a new phone and looking at the iPhone 5C but then I thought I'd look at the Note3 as to be honest it was my dream phone if I ever left BlackBerry which in the end I had to. And then the phone came it felt huge, but as they say 'once you go big you never go back'. And wow its blazing fast sure it has its flaws there's too many settings TouchWiz has its occasional lag however once you jump into your apps and type on that sweet SwiftKey keyboard you simply don't care - I know there is lag however I'm yet to witness any serious lag on this phone and compared to other phones it's blazing fast. Everything is amazing - I've found my perfect font aswell I love it! It's a massive stepup from any phone and I genuinely believe it's the best phone on the market, I love it so much I'm so glad to be part of the wonderful Android community I know I haven't mentioned battery life but apparently you get bullied if you do. Also I do like the S-Pen functionality and although I don't use it much it's nice to know it's there, this phone is my friend!

Congratulations! Enjoy, I do! :-)

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 3
    Thanked by:
    AlfBriggs likes this.

I also came from Blackberry only to find that the Note 3 was a perfect fit for me, its been just over three months and no complaints so far. As far as tablets go I prefer the I pad air and if Apple comes out with a bigger device I will probably switch.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    spencerdl likes this.

Yeah another Note 3 fan!

I'm also loving my note 3. Seems like it's becoming THE phone to get now. 3 people at work recently switched to the Note 3 too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts

Congrats! You will love your Note 3! I just switched to one yesterday. Love it!
    spencerdl likes this.

Count me in on the Note3 crave. ConGrats on your new Note3. In February I left my Blackberry Z10 in the dust for the Note3 and haven't looked back. I personally know 4 friends that purchased the Note3 after seeing and using mine, two of them die hard Apple fans. The Samsung Galaxy Note3 has it "GOING ON"....BEST phone on the planet IMHO....SMILE.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ivan_034 likes this.

Welcome to the Note 3 family!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    spencerdl likes this.

Once you go Note you don't go back. My phones will. Always be a note now. Hell got the note 8 and 12.2 too
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2
    Thanked by 2:

Note 3 is life!

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I also came from Blackberry only to find that the Note 3 was a perfect fit for me, its been just over three months and no complaints so far. As far as tablets go I prefer the I pad air and if Apple comes out with a bigger device I will probably switch.
    I came from the blackberry Q10. I'm waiting for the note 4

I still can't believe that I gave up my Note 3 again. It is really an awesome device. I think that you will be really happy with it. Especially coming from a BlackBerry. Enjoy your new phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

Welcome to the Note3, and Android. Great phone, and OS.

Keep your open mind, ask questions often, and enjoy!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I still can't believe that I gave up my Note 3 again. It is really an awesome device. I think that you will be really happy with it. Especially coming from a BlackBerry. Enjoy your new phone!

What did you do?

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    What did you do?

I was having troubles with iMessage. I thought that the issues had been resolved, but they weren't. So I went back to my iPhone 5S. I'm not really happy about it. However, it isn't like I don't like my iPhone or iPad. I love them actually, but I really loved my Note 3.

Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I was having troubles with iMessage. I thought that the issues had been resolved, but they weren't. So I went back to my iPhone 5S. I'm not really happy about it. However, it isn't like I don't like my iPhone or iPad. I love them actually, but I really loved my Note 3.

Ah. Shame. I read on a thread it can take a month for Apple to get you off iMessage. Bit of a screen shift.
    Keep watching.

I know nothing.

Ah. Shame. I read on a thread it can take a month for Apple to get you off iMessage. Bit of a screen shift.
    Keep watching.

One more reason to stay away from iPhones altogether. Seriously, what other OS gives a person THIS much trouble?
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
    jpr and Madd54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    One more reason to stay away from iPhones altogether. Seriously, what other OS gives a person THIS much trouble?
    Seems once they have you, if you want to stay in touch with friends, you ain't going anywhere without some pain.
    I know nothing.
    clitrenta likes this.

That's too bad. I came from Apple, it was a pain in the beginning but glad I stuck with my Note. I messaged all my iPhone friends and contacts, had them turn on thir sms. All is well now.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3
    Madd54 likes this.
    Banned

As soon as you get tired of the dinky screen on the note you can give the g-FLEX a try!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌
    Madd54 likes this.

See! We all love you here man
    I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy13 View Post
    As soon as you get tired of the dinky screen on the note you can give the g-FLEX a try!

SENT VIA MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT, POSTED BY ANDROID CENTRALS APP....LIFE IS GOOD✌
    As soon as you get tired of the poor display on the G-Flex, you can give the Note 3 a try.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    As soon as you get tired of the poor display on the G-Flex, you can give the Note 3 a try.
    Kilroy13 is cool.
    jpr - do you know anyway for another member to get scrapbook files from a Kies back up prior to a reset. We don't think so. I found mine in a smartclip folder. I'm currently doing a 1st reset myself. Ref Jalopiejoe's thread in Verizon.
    I know nothing.

Kilroy13 is cool.
    jpr - do you know anyway for another member to get scrapbook files from a Kies back up prior to a reset. We don't think so. I found mine in a smartclip folder. I'm currently doing a 1st reset myself. Ref Jalopiejoe's thread in Verizon.
    Have them create a Samsung account. Then they can sync scrapbook.

Edit: Do you mean they already did a reset? I read it first as how to do it prior to reseting but now I'm not sure which you meant.

In my Kies folder on my computer, it was under /Others/Scrapbook in the backup folder.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Have them create a Samsung account. Then they can sync scrapbook.
    Edit: Do you mean they already did a reset? I read it first as how to do it prior to reseting but now I'm not sure which you meant.
    Thanks. I left a question if he tried a Samsung restore, like my phone just asked me (I hadn't done a Samsung back up in months). I think he has covered everything he could try. He expected Kies would restore everything. I don't know how to do a thread link on the pc.
    Did I read somewhere someone was able to get into Kies back up files. I think you had to back up images and music manually. I just drag to/from a pc. He needed those scrapbook files, Samsung cs said no go.

ON EDIT: Sorry yes, he has already reset, he only did a kies back up priot.
    I know nothing.

Thanks. I left a question if he tried a Samsung restore, like my phone just asked me (I hadn't done a Samsung back up in months). I think he has covered everything he could try. He expected Kies would restore everything. I don't know how to do a thread link on the pc.
    Did I read somewhere someone was able to get into Kies back up files. I think you had to back up images and music manually. I just drag to/from a pc. He needed those scrapbook files, Samsung cs said no go.

ON EDIT: Sorry yes, he has already reset, he only did a kies back up priot.
    Well in the folder I mentioned above I have some My scrapbook.scc files. I haven't tried to restore them to see if it restores the actual scrapbook files. I'm assuming the Others folder is from the Miscellaneous backup option but I haven't confirmed that.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast