Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By recDNA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

Default Google maps / Note 3 issues

I don't know if it's an issue with the Note 3, or Google maps in general, but in the past few days, I've noticed that if I'm NOT routing, but just driving with the maps running, the movement of the maps is not smooth or continuous. It moves in spurts like once every 1-2 seconds, whereas if I'm on a route, the maps /location icon moves very smoothly and continuously. I know this wasn't the behavior I saw in the past. Past behavior was smooth map/ location icon scrolling, whether I'd be on a route, or just driving with maps on screen.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't find anything in a search on the web regarding this issue...

I'm on the latest update - 8.0
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

I've been dealing with the same issue and the dual camera issue as well.... And after the kit Kat update I did a master reset

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

Default Re: Google maps / Note 3 issues

Hmmm...well I updated to KitKat 6 weeks ago, but haven't had the issue up until a few days ago...

That's interesting because I know Google maps just updated a few days ago on my Note 3. Wonder if due to the update?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

Possible...

I may try to downgrade back to the previous version and see...
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

I've been having problems with mines too. Updated the maps on the play store today and now the arrow doesn't move when I move
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

You have to hit the GPS icon on the bottom right if you're not navigating on a route...dumb, real dumb...really poor execution.

I noticed that it showed me making the right turn it had suggested as a route, and showed me traveling down that suggested street, even though I was stopped at a light and not moving! This only happened once.

It has been stuttery all weekend. I actually missed an exit on my way to a gig this weekend because it jumped from '.5 miles' to 'exit right' while I was passing the exit!

I used CoPilot on the way home because Google couldn't connect where the gig was.

Don't know if these problems are related to yours, but it's nice to have a bit of commiseration.

Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,413 Global Posts

I may have to go back to my Garmin -

More on Google Maps and Note 3. Not the same problem but never the less troublesome. I cannot figure out how to "save locations" on my new Galaxy Note 3 phone. It already has three saved locations from my previous device, but I cannot find the path to save additional locations like a restaurant, home address, or business.

My genius kid at Best Buy could probably tell me, but I hate to keep running to him every time I have a problem. He spends hours.... not hours but days, playing with his Note 3 and figuring this stuff out. Geezers like me don't have the time or patience for such.

Quote Originally Posted by BillPhillips View Post
    More on Google Maps and Note 3. Not the same problem but never the less troublesome. I cannot figure out how to "save locations" on my new Galaxy Note 3 phone. It already has three saved locations from my previous device, but I cannot find the path to save additional locations like a restaurant, home address, or business.

My genius kid at Best Buy could probably tell me, but I hate to keep running to him every time I have a problem. He spends hours.... not hours but days, playing with his Note 3 and figuring this stuff out. Geezers like me don't have the time or patience for such.
    Tap the star

Sent from my Hyperdriven Note 3
    Madd54 likes this.