Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DCBamBam
  • 1 Post By DCBamBam
  • 1 Post By jpr
  • 1 Post By jpr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Kids Mode on Note 3

So for anyone who cares last night I was able to get the kids mode feature from S5 onto my note 3 att. Here is the link for the app - How to Enable Kids Mode on Your Galaxy S5 Samsung Galaxy S5 softModder

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5 Kids Mode on Note 3-2014-05-30-18-14-00.jpg  
    willxander3 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: S5 Kids Mode on Note 3

Then here is the files for the app to work http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963306
    Wait for the 10 sec timer to run down and then tap Download

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5 Kids Mode on Note 3-2014-05-30-18-17-32.jpg  
    willxander3 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

After that go to your files manager, I used astro file manager. Then find the file it should look like a box. Extract it and then open it should look like that

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5 Kids Mode on Note 3-2014-05-30-18-23-31.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

And finally like I did, tap and install everything in order and it should work. I haven't had any problems yet.

jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Fyi - for anyone with a T-mobile Note 3, you can get kids mode by installing the latest firmware update through Kies.
    ChristopherH1 likes this.

This is cool. Do you happen to have any screen shots of kids mode running?
    What features does it offer?

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    This is cool. Do you happen to have any screen shots of kids mode running?
    What features does it offer?

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Maybe the OP will answer but I think you can get a pretty good idea from this link:
    Galaxy S5 Kids Mode - Samsung Galaxy S5 Guide

I have a shortcut to it in my app drawer but didn't go through with the install since I don't let any kids use my note 3.
    vpblaze likes this.

Thanks JPR, that was a good read!

Thumbs up Re: S5 Kids Mode on Note 3

Thanks worked fine on my note 3 except the kid video player crashes every you want to use it.

Keeps saying missing one or more apk files when I try.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have tried everything and I can't get this to work.

Works for me 👍👍👍👍👍

AT&T note 3

Got it working

Unhappy Re: S5 Kids Mode on Note 3

I clicked on the alligator icon that is kids mode. (alligator icon) Samsung Note 3 and we tried it for a bit and it was fun, but when I tried to exit it asked for a password to exit.. which I never set??! So now I cannot exit kid's mode to my regular phone setting. Please help!
    Thank you
    jpr

Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joana Damasco-Vu View Post
    I clicked on the alligator icon that is kids mode. (alligator icon) Samsung Note 3 and we tried it for a bit and it was fun, but when I tried to exit it asked for a password to exit.. which I never set??! So now I cannot exit kid's mode to my regular phone setting. Please help!
    Thank you
    You have to have a Pin to use kid's mode or it defeats the purpose of having kid's mode. If a kid can exit the mode without a PIN then it is useless. You can try the default of all 0s or try what you think you would have entered if you don't remember.

If you can't get a PIN to work, you can try booting into safe mode and see if you can uninstall kid's mode. If that doesn't work, may be time for a factory reset.

Anyone happen to know how I can get kids mode back on my Note 3? I had it downloaded for a year and last week I reset my phone and now when I go to download it and after I set it up I keep getting the error message that parental control has stopped. I was on the phone with Verizon for an hr and over 2 hrs with Samsung and they didn't help one dam bit. I just don't understand why it doesn't work now. Even if I download the zip file extract the and then install them 1 by 1 I keep getting that dam error message. Any help is greatly Greatly appreciated.