Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By clitrenta
  • 1 Post By clitrenta
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Has anyone switched from note 3 to S5 active?

    I have my note 3 for about a year and love everything about it. But I want to switch to the S5 Active. I bring my phone to the gym very often and the note 3 is a little heavy and big in the pocket. Plus, I don't dare to bring the note 3 into the sauna room or near the water.

    Just wanted to hear your options. Thanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    I don't like the home buttons on the Active however despite it being a spec downgrade if you like it then it's up to you, what about the Z2?

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    I've considered the S5 active but I think I'm going to stick with my Note 3. I like the big screen and can't go back to a smaller one.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    Has anyone switched from note 3 to S5 active?

    I have my note 3 for about a year and love everything about it. But I want to switch to the S5 Active. I bring my phone to the gym very often and the note 3 is a little heavy and big in the pocket. Plus, I don't dare to bring the note 3 into the sauna room or near the water.

    Just wanted to hear your options. Thanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't believe there IS an S5 active. The S5 came out with the features of the "Active" but isn't called the S5 Active because Samsung plans to incorporate these features in their phones going forward. Right?
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't believe there IS an S5 active. The S5 came out with the features of the "Active" but isn't called the S5 Active because Samsung plans to incorporate these features in their phones going forward. Right?
    Well, I thought so too. I was sure I read the S4 active would not be replaced. That wasn't nice.
    But there is one coming to AT&T. Personally I am hoping for a Note 4 Lazyboy.
    http://m.techradar.com/news/phone-an...ements-1251136

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Well, I thought so too. I was sure I read the S4 active would not be replaced. That wasn't nice.
    But there is one coming to AT&T. Personally I am hoping for a Note 4 Lazyboy.
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is official and ready to face the elements | TechRadar

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Guess you're right. I see one up on AT&T's web site now. Go figure.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
    Madd54 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Well, I thought so too. I was sure I read the S4 active would not be replaced. That wasn't nice.
    But there is one coming to AT&T. Personally I am hoping for a Note 4 Lazyboy.
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active is official and ready to face the elements | TechRadar

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I think that article is wrong. The S5 active doesn't have fingerprint scanner.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by sqa4life View Post
    I think that article is wrong. The S5 active doesn't have fingerprint scanner.
    It was a very bare bones article from 3 days ago. All I could find. Nice to see the specs should be the same this time, just a heavier duty body.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    It was a very bare bones article from 3 days ago. All I could find. Nice to see the specs should be the same this time, just a heavier duty body.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    These are some of the differences I'm seeing:

    S5 / S4

    Expandable memory to 128Gb / to 64GB
    4.0 LE BT / 4.0 BT
    5.1 in display / 5.0 display
    2.5GHz quad core / 1.9GHz Quad-core
    Up to 29 talk time / Up to 17 talk time
    Ultra HD video capture; 1080p HD on-device video playback / 1080p with slow motion video capture
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    These are some of the differences I'm seeing:

    S5 / S4

    Expandable memory to 128Gb / to 64GB
    4.0 LE BT / 4.0 BT
    5.1 in display / 5.0 display
    2.5GHz quad core / 1.9GHz Quad-core
    Up to 29 talk time / Up to 17 talk time
    Ultra HD video capture; 1080p HD on-device video playback / 1080p with slow motion video capture
    I meant the S5 Active seems to be the same device as the current S5, though it wasn't confirmed. I will browse on a pc later.

    The S4 active, if I remember, was a downgrade in specs to the S4.
    Like the S4/S3 mini was lower spec. but I think the new mini versions are getting to have similar spec to their big brother. Sony anyway, and maybe HTC, with Samsung following.
    Those are little titbits that stayed in my old brain from seeing articles in places, but I wouldn't be surprised if I remembered incorrectly.

    ON EDIT: Big differences on those two though, 1 year on (S4 v S5)


    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I meant the S5 Active seems to be the same device as the current S5, though it wasn't confirmed. I will browse on a pc later.

    The S4 active, if I remember, was a downgrade in specs to the S4.
    Like the S4/S3 mini was lower spec. but I think the new mini versions are getting to have similar spec to their big brother. Sony anyway, and maybe HTC, with Samsung following.
    Those are little titbits that stayed in my old brain from seeing articles in places, but I wouldn't be surprised if I remembered incorrectly.

    ON EDIT: Big differences on those two though, 1 year on (S4 v S5)


    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I looked at both and there appears to be very little difference between them other than the ruggedness that the Active brings. It's a tiny bit bigger and a little bit heavier but the specs are nearly identical. If you're rough on your phones, the Active is the way to go.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    I looked at both and there appears to be very little difference between them other than the ruggedness that the Active brings. It's a tiny bit bigger and a little bit heavier but the specs are nearly identical. If you're rough on your phones, the Active is the way to go.
    Thanks, I didn't look it up.
    I would go for the Active over the S5. I would guess a lot of S5 owners will be spitting blood.

    I like the S5 because of the newer Touchwiz.
    Not much chance of getting it on the Note 3 probably now. We should see what the Note 4 will be like by August for a September release.
    I won't be first in line though unless I have money to spare, and the Note 3 is misbehaving.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't look it up.
    I would go for the Active over the S5. I would guess a lot of S5 owners will be spitting blood.

    I like the S5 because of the newer Touchwiz.
    Not much chance of getting it on the Note 3 probably now. We should see what the Note 4 will be like by August for a September release.
    I won't be first in line though unless I have money to spare, and the Note 3 is misbehaving.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I don't see a problem going either way. Totally personal preference on this stuff. I'm likely to stick with the Note 4 when it comes out simply because I like the size and what I can do with the S Pen which I make every effort to use when I can (fairly often). If it wasn't the Note, it would definitely be the S5 or S5 Active
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
    Madd54 likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Note 3 to S5 Active?

    After playing with the S5 active for a week, I am back to the beloved Note 3. The only thing the s5 is better than the note 3 is the camera. Other than that, nothing can compare to the note 3.
    I am going to wait for the note 4 or iPhone 6. I've been using Samsung phones long too and want to try something different, only if the iPhone 6 has a larger screen.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. What would you like to see come out with the M9?
    By ErnstMach in forum HTC One M9
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 01:07 PM
  2. I cannot add more informationt to my contacts
    By Supagran in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 06:13 PM
  3. How to Disable non disable bloatware
    By Northern.dj in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
  4. Pairing bluetooth to car stereo?
    By ShinyDimples in forum HTC One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 04:13 PM
  5. Where to buy unlocked phones
    By aklbeach in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2014, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions