Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts

Default Personalized e-mail notifiication

I want to receive personalized e-mail notifications by contact. I can set that up in the contacts, for ringtones and text messages, but there's seemingly nowhere on the device to set this up for e-mail.

I'm using an e-mail app called Nine for my enterprise Exchange mail, Outlook and Hotmail accounts. I think the stock app may have this capability, but it isn't in the Nine app, and I'm not sure if it's part of the stock e-mail app, or if the phone just doesn't do it...

Anyone using this feature and if so, how did you set it up and what e-mail app are you using?

Also, does anyone know if one is able to set up rules on e-mail arrival and processing, based on the contact or content, so you can have them automatically move into a designated folder (Exchange)? I can do it on my desktop in Outlook and I was able to do this on the old BlackBerry devices too.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

Default Re: Personalized e-mail notifiication

The stock email app does not do exactly what you want. What it does do is:

-Allow you to set a group of priority senders and set a separate notification for this group as a whole.

-Filter by subject or sender to a Filter folder on the phone email app but does not allow you to specify a folder in your email to send these to so they will still be in your inbox.

I don't use any other email apps so maybe someone else has an actual solution.

My Hotmail account is set up as Exchange on my phone and all the filters I set up in Hotmail on my computer still follow the same rules on my phone and I have all my folders synced. So that should work for your Hotmail account. Does your enterprise email have an option to set up filters on the server?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts

Default Re: Personalized e-mail notifiication

It does, and I can set server side rules, when using Outlook on my PC, not on my Mac. I tested it last night and it works on Android as well, following the rules I set up in Outlook.

I still don't see a way to set up contact based e-mail notification unfortunately, using the e-mail app I use. This was a no-brainer on BlackBerry. It's not the end of the world, but would have been nice anyway...
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.