I want to receive personalized e-mail notifications by contact. I can set that up in the contacts, for ringtones and text messages, but there's seemingly nowhere on the device to set this up for e-mail.

I'm using an e-mail app called Nine for my enterprise Exchange mail, Outlook and Hotmail accounts. I think the stock app may have this capability, but it isn't in the Nine app, and I'm not sure if it's part of the stock e-mail app, or if the phone just doesn't do it...

Anyone using this feature and if so, how did you set it up and what e-mail app are you using?

Also, does anyone know if one is able to set up rules on e-mail arrival and processing, based on the contact or content, so you can have them automatically move into a designated folder (Exchange)? I can do it on my desktop in Outlook and I was able to do this on the old BlackBerry devices too.
    06-01-2014 07:51 PM
    The stock email app does not do exactly what you want. What it does do is:

-Allow you to set a group of priority senders and set a separate notification for this group as a whole.

-Filter by subject or sender to a Filter folder on the phone email app but does not allow you to specify a folder in your email to send these to so they will still be in your inbox.

I don't use any other email apps so maybe someone else has an actual solution.

My Hotmail account is set up as Exchange on my phone and all the filters I set up in Hotmail on my computer still follow the same rules on my phone and I have all my folders synced. So that should work for your Hotmail account. Does your enterprise email have an option to set up filters on the server?
    06-01-2014 10:06 PM
    It does, and I can set server side rules, when using Outlook on my PC, not on my Mac. I tested it last night and it works on Android as well, following the rules I set up in Outlook.

I still don't see a way to set up contact based e-mail notification unfortunately, using the e-mail app I use. This was a no-brainer on BlackBerry. It's not the end of the world, but would have been nice anyway...
    06-02-2014 07:52 AM