Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email loading annoyance

Whenever I open am email, I have to click "load more details" and "show images" to view the full email apart from the text. Does anyone know a way to make the emails load automatically?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Re: Email loading annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by GKMMC T-Rex View Post
    Whenever I open am email, I have to click "load more details" and "show images" to view the full email apart from the text. Does anyone know a way to make the emails load automatically?
    Well, there are a couple of very good reasons why you wouldn't want this to happen. Otherwise, try this:

Email>Settings>Account settings>Your email account>More settings>make sure Auto download attachments is checked

This will only work when you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    Well, there are a couple of very good reasons why you wouldn't want this to happen. Otherwise, try this:

Email>Settings>Account settings>Your email account>More settings>make sure Auto download attachments is checked

This will only work when you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Hope it helps!
    I'm curious why this isn't a good idea to do? I'm new to android coming from a blackberry and I didn't really have to worry about this.

I could only assume that if you clicked on what you thought was an innocent email, that turned out to be malicious, there could be a problem if it just started opening stuff.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm not talking about attachments, I'm talking about pictures and logos IN the email. I completely understand why you wouldn't want to automatically open attachments. Until I click those two pop ups for lack of a better term. The email is just text, no background or photos that the text should be in front of.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Email loading annoyance-screenshot_2014-06-03-22-31-09.jpgEmail loading annoyance-screenshot_2014-06-03-22-31-27.jpg
    So here's what I'm saying, see how the first screen shot is just text, but clicking show images isn't opening attachments....it's just showing me the FULL email