Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downgrading to 4.3

Hello,

My dad updated his Note 3 to 4.4.2, he wants to downgrade to 4.3 Jellybean, is there a way to downgrade? Backing up his EFS folder then downgrade? If he loses the EFS folder he can restore it as far as I know. Please answer as soon as possible and explain your answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Downgrading to 4.3

As far as I know, the only way to downgrade is to get the 4.3 .tar file and flash that via ODIN. You might be able to find the .tar file on Samsung's website and ODIN can be found simply by searching Google (sorry, I don't have the file handy here at work).
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Hello,

You would have to use a program on your computer called Odin and find the appropriate " TAR " file package to downgrade. I am not completely familiar with downgrading newer Samsung devices, especially any that have Knox implemented in the software. I know that is a whole different ballgame when it comes to flashing and Knox security.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    VDub2174 likes this.

Global Posts
    23,929 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

You should be able to flash the 4.3 ROM with Odin. I am pretty sure that will work without any issues. It would be best if you backed everything up, contacts synced to Google, copied any pictures, videos, and what not to your PC. If text messages are important, I would use Kies to back those up as well. Kies is a Samsung PC program that acts similar to iTunes, and can back up a lot of stuff text messages included.

Check this out for instructions to flash a ROM with Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-via-odin.html

You are going to need to use the ROM from the same region as your phone. You can get the region code when you connect to Kies. It should be a 3 character in parenthesis. Ex: (Z12)

You can get files from either Sammobile, or Samsung updates. I would suggest Sammobile. Faster downloading for free.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    VDub2174 likes this.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AhmadS3 View Post
    Hello,

My dad updated his Note 3 to 4.4.2, he wants to downgrade to 4.3 Jellybean, is there a way to downgrade? Backing up his EFS folder then downgrade? If he loses the EFS folder he can restore it as far as I know. Please answer as soon as possible and explain your answer.

Posted via Android Central App
    Unless you have the N900W8 (Canadian phone), I don't believe downgrading the GN3 is yet possible (unless someone has recently come up with a method I'm unaware of). Here, take a look at this:

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 - xda-developers
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks everyone! I'll take a look at the link Jeepmanjr has provided. Thanks again.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Jeep is right, you are stuck with 4.4.2 for the time being unless you have the Canadian model that he referenced in his post.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk