Not one good video editor, compared to iPhone iMovie app

JosephJones6

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently broke the shackles from Apple and joined the Android family. But I am considering going back due to the fact there is not ONE good dependable app on the market that even come close to iMovie. I have searched the market for hours, endless youtube searches to find that one but nothing!! Yes I know I can record then edit on my computer but I like to edit/share on the go. So I am asking, do anyone out there know an app that comes close to the iOS iMovie app?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I recently broke the shackles from Apple and joined the Android family. But I am considering going back due to the fact there is not ONE good dependable app on the market that even come close to iMovie. I have searched the market for hours, endless youtube searches to find that one but nothing!! Yes I know I can record then edit on my computer but I like to edit/share on the go. So I am asking, do anyone out there know an app that comes close to the iOS iMovie app?

You're going to go back to iPhone because of one app? You know, any time you move from one OS to another, you are bound to end up giving up "something" to do so. I'm quite sure people who have switched from Android to Apple can make the same complaint regarding some app they really liked. The point is, if you aren't prepared to do things a little different and to have things "not quite the same", then you shouldn't have bothered switching at all. This is Android. It is NOT iOS and it WILL have some differences, some which may not be resolved to your satisfaction. Sorry man, but I'm not feeling sorry for you here. I've gone back and forth among OS's before myself and I was fully prepared to deal with the differences. I have to say though, I would never go back to a previous OS because of one app and then not because you couldn't find an app but because what you found wasn't good enough. That to me tells me you just didn't want to leave iPhone in the first place.

MADDROID1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried Magisto on your phone? There's both an IOS & a Android version. My daughter uses it and the videos she sends me of my grandson look fabulous. I downloaded it but haven't used it yet. No one wants to watch a video of an old codger drooling!

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm in the same boat,,,, I have searched and searched and not found one single Android app that even come close to iMovie,,,,, but I did find a great way to solve the issue.
There is an app called Photo Transfer, available for $1.99 as an Android app on Google Play and $2.99 as an Apple app,,,,,, I take video with my S5 and do a quick wifi send of pics and video from my Galaxy S5 with Photo Transfer to my iPad Air and get to still use iMovie,,,,, works great !!!
Hope that helps you.
Cheers
Davyo

sukesh123

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well Said......

- - - Updated - - -

You're going to go back to iPhone because of one app? You know, any time you move from one OS to another, you are bound to end up giving up "something" to do so. I'm quite sure people who have switched from Android to Apple can make the same complaint regarding some app they really liked. The point is, if you aren't prepared to do things a little different and to have things "not quite the same", then you shouldn't have bothered switching at all. This is Android. It is NOT iOS and it WILL have some differences, some which may not be resolved to your satisfaction. Sorry man, but I'm not feeling sorry for you here. I've gone back and forth among OS's before myself and I was fully prepared to deal with the differences. I have to say though, I would never go back to a previous OS because of one app and then not because you couldn't find an app but because what you found wasn't good enough. That to me tells me you just didn't want to leave iPhone in the first place.

Well Said....

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well Said......

- - - Updated - - -
Well Said....

I recently tried going back to an iPhone 5s and it was like a kids toy compared to my Note 3 and Galaxy S5.
I "only" keep my iPad Air because of iMovie but I am buying the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 this week,,,, "if" or "when" I find a video editor for Android as good as iMovie the IPad will be sold.

I'm still in shock that Google/Samsung/Android is unable to come up with a video editor as cool and nice as iMovie.

Cheers
Davyo

Melanie Clement

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I hear you completely.
It's not about 'just 1 app' as others have said. Its about a major application you use a great deal on the phone or tablet. I have tablets used ONLY for video creation, as do my family members - they are ipad airs. We use samsung galaxy notes for digital art/email/web/instragram and everything else.
It's not about getting used to 'giving something up with the switch'. It's about getting the OEMs on board to give you what you want that is comparable to what you had and right now Samsung is incredible in it's upgrades but failing in the video department.
I find Magisto too basic having used imovie. Cinefy is a step up from magisto and is fun and easy to use with trim options. ReelDirector allows you do more and on top of that you can overdub and add crazy effects.
Until more people complain to samsung via their twitter acct, android users won't get the software they want. They need to know what their customers are demanding so they can demand it of their programmers and vendors/suppliers. I would absolutely not put up with 'giving up what I'm used to'. That is not how technology has progressed in the last 15 years. Thank goodness some of us push the envelope a little harder. In addition, that advice to just put up with it is not useful.

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
that's one the main reasons I didn't switch to android for so many years. I just got a note 3 and plan on upgrading to a note 3. I freaking love it. But when it comes to software for video editing, there's nothing close to imovie (or even any of the other 3rd party apps). I typically do video editing on my computer, but when I use my iphone I like to stitch and edit my shots into one file and then edit on the computer.

Jackal Redpaws

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
for me. I sold my iPhone 4s. I went to a note 2 because of the spen. I am a graphic illustrator.

I then upgraded to a note 3. Then purchased a note 12.2 pro. I use it for drawing and photo editing. I originally also got it for my documentary film editing on the go away from my imac. . No go. Kinemaster is no I move and frankly it's crap. Though samsung did show us there new advertisement were they were making a film filming using many different samsung devices.

Doesn't make me smile.

So after hours like he did searching, I found nothing .

For me it's a multitude of different reasons of going back.. why I'm buying an ipad mini.

Phosters, html egg in full (web design), alot of graphic designer apps for Apple iPad only.

My music recording using GarageBand on the go.

I movies. I have at least 16 apps that are apple only for design purposes that android doesn't have.

I will never go back to an iphone... but doesn't mean I can't get an ipad.. it will be used for graphic design, music recording and video editing only.

Everything else I use android.

Oh Mega Man

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
iMovie is a massive reason for moving back to iOS. As an IT co ordinator for a large school, there is no way I can move from apple to android when iMovie offers so much ease of use for children 7 and up. There's a whole generation growing up with apple for this reason alone, never mind the cost for schools.

Most staff operate below the level of most 7 and 8 year olds, in regards to IT, which means even movie maker is beyond their reach.

anon(9466298)

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried Magisto on your phone? There's both an IOS & a Android version. My daughter uses it and the videos she sends me of my grandson look fabulous. I downloaded it but haven't used it yet. No one wants to watch a video of an old codger drooling!

Sent through Verizon from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Not exactly a video "editor". All it does is automatically create a movie based on the selected theme.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly a video "editor". All it does is automatically create a movie based on the selected theme.

Agreed, Magisto is pretty horrible and nothing at all like iMovie.
Since Android can't seem to come up with a good video editor I solved the problem by selling off all my Android tablets and getting a new 128g iPad Pro (love it),,, now I just import any videos I shoot with my Note 5 into my iPad Pro and use iMovie for editing,,,,, problem solved.

Cheers
Davyo