Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default unlocking my note 3

    I have a Note 3 and it was sim-locked by a network here in one of the carriers in our country(Philippines). I went to the technician to have it unlocked but the method he used was by rooting my phone. now its unlocked but rooted. are there other ways to unlock my phone? like unrooting it and unlocking it with a better method. how? thank you!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Cellunlocker.net pay and they send u the unlocked code

    Sent From My GNote3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by willxander3 View Post
    Cellunlocker.net pay and they send u the unlocked code

    Sent From My GNote3
    i have to unroot my phone 1st? have you tried that website? is it trustworthy?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    I had tried, and yes very reliable website

    Sent From My GNote3
  5. #5  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    No need to unroot, u can if u want to

    Sent From My GNote3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by willxander3 View Post
    No need to unroot, u can if u want to

    Sent From My GNote3
    But it would be better to unroot my phone 1st then unlocking it right? Ehat if i factory reset my phone after unlocking will it go back to simlocked carrier?

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by willxander3 View Post
    Cellunlocker.net pay and they send u the unlocked code

    Sent From My GNote3
    I just bought a Note 3 off of Swappa. I'm worried that after my 45 day PayPal protection is up the seller will report it lost/stolen and it will get blacklisted. If I have it unlocked by Cellunlocker.net would that make it at least usable with another GSM carrier (it's an AT&T phone and I would like to keep it on AT&T)?

    Does unlocking affect the phone in any other way? Will I still get carrier updates pushed to my device? Will my AT&T insurance still cover the phone? Anybody know? I've never unlocked a phone before.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. #8  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    I just bought a Note 3 off of Swappa. I'm worried that after my 45 day PayPal protection is up the seller will report it lost/stolen and it will get blacklisted. If I have it unlocked by Cellunlocker.net would that make it at least usable with another GSM carrier (it's an AT&T phone and I would like to keep it on AT&T)?

    Does unlocking affect the phone in any other way? Will I still get carrier updates pushed to my device? Will my AT&T insurance still cover the phone? Anybody know? I've never unlocked a phone before.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If it gets blacklisted it will be blacklisted at all the carriers.

    You can still get OTA updates on an unlocked phone as long as you are on the same carrier network as the model of the phone.
  9. #9  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    261 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    So they can still blacklist it after it's been unlocked in other words. I'll just have to hope for the best.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. #10  

    Default Re: unlocking my note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    So they can still blacklist it after it's been unlocked in other words. I'll just have to hope for the best.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yes. It's blacklisted by IMEI and will be added to a database that is shared by the carriers.

Similar Threads

  1. Can you write notes on the Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4?
    By aaimbrogno in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 09:26 PM
  2. "Note to self:..... " ... ["No apps able to save note"] ?
    By paisley99 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 04:17 PM
  3. Voice to text issue on my phone
    By ale11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
  4. Some Contacts Don't Receive My Text Messages
    By charlieclara in forum HTC One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 06:16 AM

Posting Permissions