Note 3 Glass Screen Protector Reviews?

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I've spent numerous hours researching which tempered glass screen protector is the best but can't seem to find any persuasive reviews, even after seeings responses on this forum. I"ve looked at Spigen, Zagg, Iloome, MIME, Nillkin you name it but seem to find major faults with each. Money isn't an issue, quality is. I'm looking to buy from either ebay or amazon.

My main concerns are:
1) no issues of bubbles forming after weeks/months of installation
2) ease of use with S Pen
3) toughness so it won't randomly or easily crack
4) anti fingerprint, smudge, scratch resistant (9H)
5) confused about round edges whether it's a must to have (I will be using a case)

I'll post my gripes with the ones I've highly considered.

Spigen
The Slim TR was enticing but I've heard about issues of bubbles forming way after installation. I think there were adhesion problems with the product and since they haven't made a nano version for the Note 3, there is no clear winner. It's also .4mm thick so while it will fit with Spigen cases, I feel like it will be too tight and will eventually crack. I didn't consider the Slim T much because it's prone to chipping likely even if I put a case on it.

Zagg
The S Pen doesn't work fluidly and leaves marks.

MIME
The Feather Glass looks great but can't find the product on amazon or ebay. Plus can't find any reviews of it for the Note 3 specifically. The .15mm is super enticing. Haven't really considered the Ghost Glass because the Feather's specs appear superior.

Iloome
I've seen reviews about it not being truly oleophobic. Also prone to getting bubbles. Not a nice feel.

These are the ones I've considered significantly since they seem to be the more popular ones mentioned throughout different forums and sources. All the other ones don't seem as appealing.

Please anybody with knowledge/experience with these addressing my concerns would be great. I wan't to make sure it lasts and not have to get another one a few months later. Sorry for the long post but I needed to be thorough in my question.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My glass screen protector is from Verizon and they installed it. I don't know who makes it.
It has a nice feel, developed no bubbles.
Fits nice, has been on for 4 months. I like it very much! 20 bucks, can't beat it!👍

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size Does Matter!"

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know whether you can get it on ebay or Amazon but I'm happy with my Verizon brand glass protector. Use the S-pen on it all the time and works the same as the bare screen. With my finger it actually feels better than the screen itself.

It's tempered, shatter-proof, 9h hardness, oleophobic, no bubbles, no scratches after dropping it screen down on my weight set. It's .4mm with rounded edges, and I would recommend rounded edges even with a case.

Easier to clean than the screen but even with these oleophobic coatings you will still get fingerprints and smudges - it's just less than with the bare screen and easier to wipe away.

Well that's the only one I have personal experience with, so not saying it's better or not or comparing it to the others either way - just saying I'm happy with this one. I bought it about 8 weeks ago right after I got my phone.

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this looks great. I initially was looking at anti glare but it seems like this gorilla glass 3 isn't too bad although at times it can get a bit hard to see in the sun but overall bearable. I'll give this consideration if the glass doesn't work out

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if it's a specific brand or it just says Verizon? I've only seen good things about this protector from what I've seen. My only concern is the phone fitting in a case (debating between the spigen neo hybrid and ballistic tough maxx) especially if the glass is .4 mm thick. I don't want a "tight" fit since the possibility of it cracking is much higher.

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Just to make sure no bubbles or peeling on the edges? Are you also using a case? Forgot to ask are the edges rounded for anti chipping?

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is the brand.

I already mentioned it has rounded edges and also no bubbles.

I don't have a Spigen case to comment on that. I have an S-view case which does not press on the glass except when writing on the s-view window.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you know if it's a specific brand or it just says Verizon? I've only seen good things about this protector from what I've seen. My only concern is the phone fitting in a case (debating between the spigen neo hybrid and ballistic tough maxx) especially if the glass is .4 mm thick. I don't want a "tight" fit since the possibility of it cracking is much higher.

You buy them at the Verizon store, the package says Verizon. I have mine in a Incipio Dual Pro case, fits very nicely/perfect!👍
Just Google Verizon tempered glass screen protector for the Note 3. Plenty of info and Q&A
there. Hope this helps!👌

"Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

KJowers

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The Zagg works perfect for me. No S Pen problems other than marks that wipe off very easily. It's very tough! Survived a 6 foot drop landing face down the other day (using slim armor case too), but it rides in my pocket with knives/keys/change/flash drives/etc with not a scratch present. Worth the money IMHO

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've spent numerous hours researching which tempered glass screen protector is the best but can't seem to find any persuasive reviews, even after seeings responses on this forum. I"ve looked at Spigen, Zagg, Iloome, MIME, Nillkin you name it but seem to find major faults with each. Money isn't an issue, quality is. I'm looking to buy from either ebay or amazon.

My main concerns are:
1) no issues of bubbles forming after weeks/months of installation
2) ease of use with S Pen
3) toughness so it won't randomly or easily crack
4) anti fingerprint, smudge, scratch resistant (9H)
5) confused about round edges whether it's a must to have (I will be using a case)

I'll post my gripes with the ones I've highly considered.

Spigen
The Slim TR was enticing but I've heard about issues of bubbles forming way after installation. I think there were adhesion problems with the product and since they haven't made a nano version for the Note 3, there is no clear winner. It's also .4mm thick so while it will fit with Spigen cases, I feel like it will be too tight and will eventually crack. I didn't consider the Slim T much because it's prone to chipping likely even if I put a case on it.

Zagg
The S Pen doesn't work fluidly and leaves marks.

MIME
The Feather Glass looks great but can't find the product on amazon or ebay. Plus can't find any reviews of it for the Note 3 specifically. The .15mm is super enticing. Haven't really considered the Ghost Glass because the Feather's specs appear superior.

Iloome
I've seen reviews about it not being truly oleophobic. Also prone to getting bubbles. Not a nice feel.

These are the ones I've considered significantly since they seem to be the more popular ones mentioned throughout different forums and sources. All the other ones don't seem as appealing.

Please anybody with knowledge/experience with these addressing my concerns would be great. I wan't to make sure it lasts and not have to get another one a few months later. Sorry for the long post but I needed to be thorough in my question.

I had the iLoome for the Note 3 and was thicker than I was expecting. I had trouble with some cases as it increased the thickness. You could squeeze it in but the pressure on the edges of the glass caused bubbles/separation to occur. I got a refund and got a much thinner MIME Feather glass. It's much thinner works better with cases. Feels great, no scratches, no problem with S Pen. From my experience the oleophobic coating causes fingerprints to be more like dust and easily wiped off rather than oily and sticky. Unless I'm wrong it's not like you don't get any fingerprints at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the iLoome and it is indeed THICK, but the Oleophobic coating is smooth and works great. I use the Zagg GLASS on my 5s and it's smoother, but I'm not sure about the S-pen effect with the Zagg Glass. I installed both Glass screen protectors on my devices and I have no bubbles on either of them.

Last edited:

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the one from verizon and they installed it for me...I didn't ask they just did it...the first time there were bubbles...they took it off got a new one(I watched them open a new package) and wallah no bubbles...rounded edges and no trouble with s pen...it wipes clean easily. It is polarized so if you wear polarized glasses or sunglasses you will get a slight rainbow effect...It is noticeable but not a deal breaker...I have no scratches in the protective cover and I slide it into my purse pocket that has a metal snap that I would be afraid to let the phone touch without the cover...When I purchased it at verizon they said my accessories were guaranteed for a year so if you don't like it or it lifts or bubble, or scratches to much, I would think it would be replaced.
Oh and they put the little rubber button cover on so it could be pressed easier due to slight increase of the protective screen.
Good luck with your choice.

sticker12

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all for your feedback. I couldn't find the Verizon brand on ebay or Amazon but considering the great reviews it looks legit. I'll likely stop by a Verizon store to pick one up. If there are other recommendations keep them coming whether it's one of the ones I've not found favorable as I could use it on my other device.

Anjirutaru

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I use gadget guard black ice. Very nice, a little thick, but it has rounded edges, super easy to install with no bubbles. I work in a carrier store and we sell Moshi glass and GG black ice for glass protectors. I'm a huge fan of GG black ice right now. Never installed one that had an issue.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Memi is the best in my opinion,, I have been using memi ghost glass for 3 devices now and it meets all your needs.. It is the only one I found that says "finger print resistant" in the description

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I use the tech Armor. . Screen clarity is way beyond awesome (if compared to one if the plastic ones).

It DOES get scratched, although I don't know about the other tempered glass ones... cannot see the scratches unless held at an angle under a bright light. .

It does add a tangible weight to the phone. .

I use the spigen non slip case and no issues with it fitting the phone, and there is still a bit of a lip left so that the phone can be placed upside down.

The installation was surprisingly easy, easier than a wet installation.. .

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I use the tech Armor. . Screen clarity is way beyond awesome (if compared to one if the plastic ones).

It DOES get scratched, although I don't know about the other tempered glass ones... cannot see the scratches unless held at an angle under a bright light. .

It does add a tangible weight to the phone. .

I use the spigen non slip case and no issues with it fitting the phone, and there is still a bit of a lip left so that the phone can be placed upside down.

The installation was surprisingly easy, easier than a wet installation.. .

4 months with my Verizon glass screen saver, not a single scratch! 😉

"Size Does Matter!"

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
4 months with my Verizon glass screen saver, not a single scratch! ��

"Size Does Matter!"

None on mine either. Sitting outside in the sun right now and looked from all angles. I even examined it with a magnifying glass after I dropped it on my weights since they are rough iron and I was sure there was going to be scratches or dents, but no sign it ever happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith