Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    For the next Note? Hope so.. A metal back would be great.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    For the next Note? Hope so.. A metal back would be great.
    I don't understand why you would want a metal back.
    It would transfer heat, it would dent and scratch easily,
    metal doesn't really feel good,
    shows smudges and fingerprints.
    I just don't think that's a good thing. I like maybe a soft vinyl or rubberized back.
    But who cares....you're going to cover it with a case!😂

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I agree. Metal doesn't belong on a phone. Adds weight. Chances are you are just going to add more weight on your phone by adding a case.

    Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk
    MissouriFarmer and A895 like this.
  4. #4  
    beh
    beh is offline
    beh's Avatar

    Posts
    1,380 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Samsung's faux leather back cover is the best back in the industry IMO. It can be peeled off the phone when needed, never breaks or loses the grip tabs, has a great tactile feel that helps prevent the phone slipping from your grip, is a thermal and a mechanical shock barrier, doesn't show finger prints, doesn't scratch or mar easily. Heck I like it so much that I don't use cases on my phones and other devices using this great back material.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by beh View Post
    Samsung's faux leather back cover is the best back in the industry IMO. It can be peeled off the phone when needed, never breaks or loses the grip tabs, has a great tactile feel that helps prevent the phone slipping from your grip, is a thermal and a mechanical shock barrier, doesn't show finger prints, doesn't scratch or mar easily. Heck I like it so much that I don't use cases on my phones and other devices using this great back material.
    Ditto!👍

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
  6. #6  
    jeepmanjr's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I'm totally OK with the current GN3...chassis wise. It's lite, feels good in the hand, easy to grip. Yeah...so ur gonna put a case on it, right? At that point, to quote one of our looser liberals, what difference does it make? LOL!!!
    Jalopiejoe, vpblaze and A895 like this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Don't see the obsession with metal phones. It scratches and dints easily adds bulk and is slippy to hold. Nearly as unpractical as glass back.
    crester, Jalopiejoe and A895 like this.
  8. #8  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I Want wireless charging and of they remove that I'll upgrade to the g3 then

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I don't get why so many people complain about plastic backs yet they all have a cover so it doesn't even matter what the back is

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I don't know why people assume that everyone uses covers.

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    MissouriFarmer and kj11 like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    I don't get why people don't get that I don't get that people use covers!

    Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    anon8380037, sarkycow and A895 like this.
  12. #12  
    Closingracer's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,055 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,760 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I don't know why people assume that everyone uses covers.

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

    Because probably like 85% of the general public do .... So we must all use covers
    A895 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Can anyone give solid reasons why a Samsung S5 Prime needs to happen? It makes no sense from a manufacturer standpoint and it does nothing but cannabalize S5 sales and has nothing different about but a few minor things the general public won't notice. The S5 Prime and M8 Prime are dumbest rumors of 2014 by far IMO.
    ffejjj likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Can anyone give solid reasons why a Samsung S5 Prime needs to happen? It makes no sense from a manufacturer standpoint and it does nothing but cannabalize S5 sales and has nothing different about but a few minor things the general public won't notice. The S5 Prime and M8 Prime are dumbest rumors of 2014 by far IMO.
    Nothing solid but I imagine it costs much the same to make and would actually increase overall sales. "My friend got an S5 on release day, but I just got an S5 Prime".
    I don't think it can hurt them, and stores can always either charge more, or offer a no charge upgrade for a new purchase to look good.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Nothing solid but I imagine it costs much the same to make and would actually increase overall sales. "My friend got an S5 on release day, but I just got an S5 Prime".
    I don't think it can hurt them, and stores can always either charge more, or offer a no charge upgrade for a new purchase to look good.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    But it hurts Galaxy S5 sales. That's why it makes no sense. Economically it does not and logically it does not. There is no reason for it to exist. I can't think of a solid one.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    But it hurts Galaxy S5 sales. That's why it makes no sense. Economically it does not and logically it does not. There is no reason for it to exist. I can't think of a solid one.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Deleted. Too long!
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    For the next Note? Hope so.. A metal back would be great.
    If you just want a metal back, why not just buy an aftermarket one for the note 3? I have to warn you though, you will get worse signal.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopiejoe View Post
    I don't understand why you would want a metal back.
    It would transfer heat, it would dent and scratch easily,
    metal doesn't really feel good,
    shows smudges and fingerprints.
    I just don't think that's a good thing. I like maybe a soft vinyl or rubberized back.
    But who cares....you're going to cover it with a case!😂

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size Does Matter!"
    Transfer heat while it does get your hand hotter, is a good thing for performance as the back cover is used as a heat sink. Comparing the s5 to m8,in high load applications, the m8 provides better performance, though the s5 provides better battery life due to the cpu being limited at high load due to heat.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Also to add that it would be difficult to maintain a waterproof design and removable battery with a metal phone. Metal phones typically require the antenna to be in the exterior, either in the side band like in the iPhone or on the top and bottom of the back like m8. It doesn't absolutely require it but signal would be significantly reduced if the antenna is not on the exterior.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    A895 likes this.
  20. #20  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,910 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I don't know why people assume that everyone uses covers.

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Well, phones tend to be costly items so its inferred that folks will want to protect that costly item and keep it as close to as-new as possible with a case. ...me thinkz.

    Hi5 to the sV
    A895 likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    What about aluminum?

    __________________________
    Sent From my Note 10.1
  22. #22  
    crester's Avatar

    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    But it hurts Galaxy S5 sales. That's why it makes no sense. Economically it does not and logically it does not. There is no reason for it to exist. I can't think of a solid one.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Whether you buy a S5 or S5 Prime... you are still buying a phone from Samsung.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  
    crester's Avatar

    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    What about aluminum?

    __________________________
    Sent From my Note 10.1
    Aluminum is a metal... lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    Aluminium, as we say here, is one type of metal. Not sure what the M8 and S5 Prime are made of.
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Galaxy S5 Prime to have metal back, sign of things to come?

    M8 is aluminum. Most likely a metal prime would be aluminum too

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung galaxy note 3 printing
    By tonykid in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2015, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM
  3. Why do people buy Samsung Galaxy Phones?
    By chris2707 in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 497
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
  4. Saving contacts to SIM "Error, contact name is too long"?
    By wallet7 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 05:02 PM
  5. Galaxy S4 with extended battery
    By thereressa in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM

Posting Permissions