Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jpr
  • 1 Post By anon24860
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I seem to be having problems choosing the right settings for my camera. I get beautiful photos with the camera, but as soon as I upload the photos to my laptop or Facebook or anywhere, the quality it visibly lessened. So much so, that I don't even want to upload them. This saddens me. Every search I do on how to upload them is not helpful. Can anyone make any suggestions please? Hopefully, it's a setting thing that I'm just having a brain fart about lol. Thanks in advance!!! -lisa

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: photo quality?!

Here are screenshots, one from my gallery, one from my fb upload.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo quality?!-screenshot_2014-06-07-17-49-42.jpg   photo quality?!-screenshot_2014-06-07-17-49-22.jpg  

I guess I'm missing the difference, but the two pictures you posted look exactly the same quality to me....
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Best way to show what I mean, I think. Is to say look at the grass at the bottom left of the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by dvsLisa View Post
    Best way to show what I mean, I think. Is to say look at the grass at the bottom left of the photo.

I'll have to leave this to others. I really can't see a difference after adjusting for the border that is in one and not in the other. Hope I don't need glasses - I've avoided them so far.
    Madd54 and Ivan_034 like this.

It's due to the processing that FB does to save space on their servers and to display it at a reasonable size.

Madd54 likes this.

One thing you can do if you want to go to the trouble is resize the photos yourself using Photoshop or something similar. That way, you'll have more control over the quality. When you upload, say 800x600 or whatever ratio you want to use, you'll find that there's less degradation because they don't have to use aggressive compression (it's still found to be compressed, but there will be less artifacts - at least that's my experience when viewing on a 17 inch laptop).

I don't use Facebook, but you say photos don't transfer well by other means either.
    I assume you are taking them in a high resolution in the camera settings.

I mainly transfer/copy photos to just to my pc via usb cable so I can view them on a large high resolution pc screen. I can also send them intact in an email, or via Dropbox (I think), so other cloud options should work if the file size is correct.

If you want to copy them to a pc, you can drag them from the DCIM folder on either the SD card or device storage. Or there is an option to copy them in the Samsung Kies pc program manually.

If you need any help with the above we can do that..

ON EDIT: Also I guess if you view them on a laptop you may have a low res screen.
    I know nothing.