Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default still afraid to not use a case lol

    Ive had an otterbox defender on my note3 since I bought it. I trust them and have used them on most of my phones..

    Sometimes though when I take the case of to clean I see how cool this phone actually looks!! I wish I didn't have to worry about breaking it or I wouldn't use a case!

    Just thought I would share that lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Yeah, I much prefer the Note 3 naked too. But, it's too scary to carry it around without a case. I've dropped mine twice onto carpet from only a short distance and even in the crappy case I have (poetic flip case), it was fine. I am not sure it would have been ok without one.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Going naked is always a dare!
    Whenever I feel like throwing off my OtterBox to get a lighter feel, I put on my S-View case. I also have the Spigen magnetic clip for the cover.
    Sure it doesn't offer the rugged protection style of the OtterBox, but it still offers some protection. The corners come out to protect the corners of the phone, and with the clip, the cover stays flat. It also has a raised backside so the phone can lay flat and not rest on the camera.
    If you want a "near naked experience" I would suggest picking up the S-View.

    Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Quote Originally Posted by jim_h#AC View Post
    Yeah, I much prefer the Note 3 naked too. But, it's too scary to carry it around without a case. I've dropped mine twice onto carpet from only a short distance and even in the crappy case I have (poetic flip case), it was fine. I am not sure it would have been ok without one.
    Hey that's the case I use. Black for a white phone. Absolutely love it. I should have a tempered glass screen, but I have dropped it twice and I have been lucky. I am sacrificing safety for the slimness, feel, look and screen cover when in my pocket. Plus it's easy to hold with flip folded back. I never used the Spigen Neo Hybrid I bought.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  5. #5  
    floridarick's Avatar

    Posts
    106 Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Quote Originally Posted by russel5150 View Post
    Ive had an otterbox defender on my note3 since I bought it. I trust them and have used them on most of my phones..

    Sometimes though when I take the case of to clean I see how cool this phone actually looks!! I wish I didn't have to worry about breaking it or I wouldn't use a case!

    Just thought I would share that lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    How about a compromise......??

    No case to Otter Box is one extreme to the other!!
    I could never use an Otter Box case on any phone let alone one as big as my Note3.

    I use a Spigen Neo Hybrid & love it. Offers enough protection wile looking good!!!!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Got my Note 3 today and the first thing I did was get an otterbox defender case to put on it. I couldn't imagine dropping this phone as much as it cost.
  7. #7  
    kj11's Avatar

    Posts
    690 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    I have a couple cases and I never use them. The phone just feels so much better without it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    I like mine without a case too but . . . Sadly the sides bezel silvery thing got scratched off abit . . . Pity pity

    Posted from my note 3 :3
  9. #9  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Hey that's the case I use. Black for a white phone. Absolutely love it.
    I liked the case for the first month or two, but all the edging is now peeling off and it looks really tatty. I'm looking for something new to replace it.
  10. #10  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,961 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    If you want a case that looks great and is highly protective check out the Tech 21 Impact. Couple that with a tempered glass screen protector and it's a win by all counts.

    NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1
    Live long and prosper.


  11. #11  

    Default Re: still afraid to not use a case lol

    Quote Originally Posted by jim_h#AC View Post
    I liked the case for the first month or two, but all the edging is now peeling off and it looks really tatty. I'm looking for something new to replace it.
    Thanks.
    I got it wrong. I was looking at Poetic ones on Amazon as well.
    Mine is a Terrapin flip over case, I forgot!. Still only 5 and as new.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

Similar Threads

  1. speed dial not working
    By Josh Beck2 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 05:58 AM
  2. Screen Recording using ADB Toolkit
    By GreyLike in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2014, 04:50 AM

Posting Permissions