Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Default eBay wireless charging kits

Has anyone used one of the ~$25 wireless charging kits you can get on eBay with their Note 3? Or is it definitely not recommended? I'd like to use wireless charging but I cannot justify the price for the official back with it built in.

Default Re: eBay wireless charging kits

I didn't order the kit, but I did just order and receive a qi charging pad and nfc capable receiver for the back of the note 3. They would not work, can't say which of the two didn't or if both but I tried different positions on the pad, made sure the receiver was installed correctly, tried different chargers, and the best that I could get it to do the whole time was 1 little second of it working. Needless to say I'm returning for a refund. Others I know have had good success but I did not. You get what you pay from what I say, keeps biting me when I overlook that

I bought the fonesalesman qi receiver pad with nfc and a muted koolpad qi wireless charging pad. Both work flawlessly. I can charge through my Otterbox commuter and red pepper cases. Alignment is easy. Just put the phone directly over the charging pad and your good. The phone is almost the same dimensions as the koolpad.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 3

Here is a link of the koolpad charging my wife's S5 through her Speck candyshell. works the same on my note 3. I'll try to make a video later if I can. Galaxy S5 wireless charging on Koolpad:

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    Has anyone used one of the ~$25 wireless charging kits you can get on eBay with their Note 3? Or is it definitely not recommended? I'd like to use wireless charging but I cannot justify the price for the official back with it built in.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 3

I bought the Samsung qi back and it worked fine but the cases would not fit. Have the Nokia nfc charging stand so got the nfc charger that fits under the existing cover (cheap ) and it works fine but you have to place the phone sideways on the stand. If you have a flat charging pad it should not be an issue.
    DNA-Verizon