My stock Note 3 killed my SD CARD

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and my 32 gb SD card that worked for over 4 months is now gone. Will not appear on my PC or in the file explorer on my Note 3. Is there a fix or us my SD card permanent dead? It worked before Kitkat and almost 2 months after the Kitkat update. Running stock note 3 4.4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and my 32 gb SD card that worked for over 4 months is now gone. Will not appear on my PC or in the file explorer on my Note 3. Is there a fix or us my SD card permanent dead? It worked before Kitkat and almost 2 months after the Kitkat update. Running stock note 3 4.4.2.

If it's not showing up in either the PC or the phone, you won't be able to format it or use any type of file recovery program. I'd try different ports or phones and see if one of them recognizes the card. Otherwise you might be out of luck.

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. Instead of jacking around with the SD, I just bought a new one. Problem solved. I don't keep gigs of data on my phone any more. I back my phone up to my server like all the other devices on my network. Save some money and frustration...back up or download data from your phone!

Most often I use Airdroid for this purpose. Otherwise I'm cabled up. FYI...

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Instead of jacking around with the SD, I just bought a new one. Problem solved. I don't keep gigs of data on my phone any more. I back my phone up to my server like all the other devices on my network. Save some money and frustration...back up or download data from your phone!

Most often I use Airdroid for this purpose. Otherwise I'm cabled up. FYI...

I kinda figured that thanks for the advice I'm going to take it. I just regret all the photos that I lost now I know to pack them up.

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
If it's not showing up in either the PC or the phone, you won't be able to format it or use any type of file recovery program. I'd try different ports or phones and see if one of them recognizes the card. Otherwise you might be out of luck.

I will try a couple phones I have laying around before I throw the SD card away. Thanks for the advice

jeepmanjr

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I kinda figured that thanks for the advice I'm going to take it. I just regret all the photos that I lost now I know to pack them up.

Sorry bobby...losing data sucks! Been there, done that. But there is a bright side for most of us and that's a lesson learned. Don't let it happen again! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney