Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My stock Note 3 killed my SD CARD

I have a Note 3 and my 32 gb SD card that worked for over 4 months is now gone. Will not appear on my PC or in the file explorer on my Note 3. Is there a fix or us my SD card permanent dead? It worked before Kitkat and almost 2 months after the Kitkat update. Running stock note 3 4.4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12 5.0.2

Default Re: My stock Note 3 killed my SD CARD

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysnj View Post
    I have a Note 3 and my 32 gb SD card that worked for over 4 months is now gone. Will not appear on my PC or in the file explorer on my Note 3. Is there a fix or us my SD card permanent dead? It worked before Kitkat and almost 2 months after the Kitkat update. Running stock note 3 4.4.2.

If it's not showing up in either the PC or the phone, you won't be able to format it or use any type of file recovery program. I'd try different ports or phones and see if one of them recognizes the card. Otherwise you might be out of luck.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me. Instead of jacking around with the SD, I just bought a new one. Problem solved. I don't keep gigs of data on my phone any more. I back my phone up to my server like all the other devices on my network. Save some money and frustration...back up or download data from your phone!

Most often I use Airdroid for this purpose. Otherwise I'm cabled up. FYI...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    Same thing happened to me. Instead of jacking around with the SD, I just bought a new one. Problem solved. I don't keep gigs of data on my phone any more. I back my phone up to my server like all the other devices on my network. Save some money and frustration...back up or download data from your phone!

Most often I use Airdroid for this purpose. Otherwise I'm cabled up. FYI...
    I kinda figured that thanks for the advice I'm going to take it. I just regret all the photos that I lost now I know to pack them up.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Meant back them up lol

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    If it's not showing up in either the PC or the phone, you won't be able to format it or use any type of file recovery program. I'd try different ports or phones and see if one of them recognizes the card. Otherwise you might be out of luck.
    I will try a couple phones I have laying around before I throw the SD card away. Thanks for the advice

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I kinda figured that thanks for the advice I'm going to take it. I just regret all the photos that I lost now I know to pack them up.

Sorry bobby...losing data sucks! Been there, done that. But there is a bright side for most of us and that's a lesson learned. Don't let it happen again!