Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    I bought the Note 1 and now the 3 to have a great photo display. However....the Note 3 default gallery places this hideous, cheesey, dayglow date stamp on each pic. How do I disable this?

    update: a search in the s4 forum found the answer: download Gallery ICS app, delete the default Samsung Gallery app.
    Last edited by kenw55; 06-10-2014 at 03:30 PM.
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Welcome to Android Central
    Glad you were able to fix the issue. It's not possible to delete the time stamp in the stock gallery
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    That doesn't sound right, and I didn't think you can replace the Samsung Gallery.
    Not sure why you have an odd looking date stamp, but try turning Tag Buddy off in Gallery Settings, or just un-ticking the date part. When I have it on it only displays the date on an opened photo briefly.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    That doesn't sound right, and I didn't think you can replace the Samsung Gallery.
    Not sure why you have an odd looking date stamp, but try turning Tag Buddy off in Gallery Settings, or just un-ticking the date part. When I have it on it only displays the date on an opened photo briefly.
    Yeah. That's how it always works, but you can't completely turn it off.
    You can clear default apps and then select a different app when it asks which one you want to use

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Yeah. That's how it always works, but you can't completely turn it off.
    You can clear default apps and then select a different app when it asks which one you want to use

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    So you can even do that with Gallery. OK, thanks.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    So you can even do that with Gallery. OK, thanks.
    If you have multiple gallery apps yes
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    I don't get any date stamp on my pics in the stock gallery. Are you choosing to view pictures by Time? That will by necessity have to use dates. You don't have to view them by Time at all (I dont) if you don't like to see the dates there.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    I don't get any date stamp on my pics in the stock gallery. Are you choosing to view pictures by Time? That will by necessity have to use dates. You don't have to view them by Time at all (I dont) if you don't like to see the dates there.
    If you have Tag Buddy date on, when you open a photo in gallery the date appears for a couple of seconds bottom left.
    HOWEVER are you aware you can write on the back (Photo Note) or front (Photo Signature) of a photo and also put a permanent date on the bottom right of the photo? I think that's all correct.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Thanked by:
    jpr 
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    If you have Tag Buddy date on, when you open a photo in gallery the date appears for a couple of seconds bottom left.
    HOWEVER are you aware you can write on the back (Photo Note) or front (Photo Signature) of a photo and also put a permanent date on the bottom right of the photo? I think that's all correct.
    Thanks. I never tag anything so didn't look there till your post. Hate that kind of stuff personally. They can just uncheck that date option though if they don't want it. No need to load a new gallery app.

    I know about the photo note and signature but not the permanent date part. That's usually a camera feature. I'll have to go look at the gallery options and check that out. I wouldn't normally want a date there though, but there may be times it is useful.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Gallery date display: how to kill it??

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    I don't get any date stamp on my pics in the stock gallery. Are you choosing to view pictures by Time? That will by necessity have to use dates. You don't have to view them by Time at all (I dont) if you don't like to see the dates there.
    I thought that was addressed to me, sorry - confusion.

    I can't find how to put a date on unless I typed it manually in the past with the photo signature thing.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

Similar Threads

  1. Received new firmware update to NE3 today
    By Simacca in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
  2. How do I get rid of this?
    By deanodrums in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 06:35 PM
  4. Export wireless settings to a file?
    By nyrangers1994 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions