Delayed Texts

polaraman

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and sometimes texting with attachments(pictures) take half of forever. Sometimes texts will take up to 15 minutes to send!! I'm on WIFI at home and everything else seems to work with no issues. Its the most annoying problem I have with the GN3. It almost seems to be an Android thing because my wife has the S4 and hers does the same thing under the exact same conditions. Does anyone else have this problem?

Help????

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you keep mobile data on when at home and on wifi?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sending MMS requires mobile data. The only way you can send over wifi is if you have wifi calling enabled and your provider supports mms over wifi calling.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
it doesn't happen with every MMS. It kinda of randomizes... and of course it will do it on the ones when you want it sent in a hurry.

It has to switch to mobile data to send or receive the mms though. Even if you don't notice it doing that, that is what is happening. Since you say it is happening on multiple phones in your home, it would seem likely you don't have a good mobile data connection there - at least not all the time.

If it was only happening on one phone, I would think maybe that phone was having a problem switching to mobile data while wifi was on. But different phones and different models makes it sound like you don't always have a strong mobile data signal there and and it has to wait until it gets a strong enough lock on a signal to switch over and send the message.