Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clitrenta
  • 2 Post By MissouriFarmer
  • 1 Post By MissouriFarmer
  • 3 Post By MissouriFarmer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible...

To have the bottom speaker replaced on the GN3? mine is blown. Just like a big speaker gets blown. First problem I've had in 9 months. No I didn't buy insurance. On Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Is it possible...

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriFarmer View Post
    To have the bottom speaker replaced on the GN3? mine is blown. Just like a big speaker gets blown. First problem I've had in 9 months. No I didn't buy insurance. On Verizon.

You shouldn't need insurance for that. If your phone is less than a year old, they should replace it for free. It's called manufacturer's defect (unless the problem was caused by something you did). Give them a call. They should be offering to replace it right away.
    MissouriFarmer likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Many thanks.

Yes it's 2 years Samsung warranty call them I sent my notec1cwhile back it would not go on at all so they fixed it there fast

Ulimate Note 3

It was amazing when someone wanted to change the usb port (or the camera), how cheap it was, and that there was more than one You Tube video on how to do it yourself.
    This is a general repair anything You Tube video on the Note 3 from gadgetdoctorworldwide.com, nothing directly on the speaker.
    There was a link to parts.

Beware, if you love your phone - this gets gory.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just go back from Verizon. No problem whatsoever. They are overnighting a new phone. Many thanks to everyone. I will enjoy watching the video in the same way as I enjoy watching the Axe Murders!

anon8380037 and dpham00 like this.

HaHa. I watched it all now. You need a surgical and NASA toolbox, but the guy is good.

That sounds like great service from Verizon and they took your word over the phone. Some who had serious issues after KitKat were only offered a refurbished replacement apparently. I guess hardware issues are easier to identify.
    New phone the next day, cool.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

NOTE : if you have problems with your speaker take a look at an app called 'Speaker Clean'
    The rep at the Verizon store installed it on my phone but never ran it. They ordered me a new phone. When I got home I tested the speaker, it was still sounding like it was blown. Out of curiosity I ran the app, amazingly it fixed my problem!
    Now I have to decide whether to accept the new phone or keep my original one. Color me flabbergasted!

anon8380037 likes this.

Pretty awesome app. I just read the reviews and it helps earphones too.

Posted via Android Central App

That sounds weird.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    That sounds weird.
    Yes it does. I was shocked. However it's something to keep in mind if you ever have need.