4.4.3 on Note 3?

ranajit saha

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
While there's the news about 4.4.3 update to come out to s4 & s5 only, does anyone know whether note 3 will also get the update? And what's the difference from 4.4.2?

Posted via Android Central App

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Here is hoping we get it soon! And hopefully the difference will be bug fixes and the improved battery life that they forgot to add to the 4.4.2 update...!

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3 will definitely be getting 4.4.3. We just don't know when yet. The entire update is intended to be a bug fix update. That doesn't mean there may not be a few new features added depending on the phone, but the update itself is intended for bug fixing. There are long lists of bug fixes included available of you do a search for it.

As far as battery life, T-Mobile users already got a stability update last month that significantly improved battery life as well as adding download booster, kid mode, and VoLTE. I never had bad battery life on kit kat but the TMO update increased my screen on time by 30-40%. So your provider should be able to get you those improvements as well unless the battery difference is solely Tmobile specific features, which seems unlikely. I know my signal strength and connection has not changed at all, so it is not a matter of that, which would be the biggest provider specific factor affecting battery.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
http://bgr.com/2014/03/31/android-4-4-3-kitkat-update-changelog/ (corrected)

@B.Diddy provided this article link, although it was some released some time ago. It does seem mostly bug fixes. Hopefully some little extras as jpr says, but probably not much. I don't know what the S5 and S4 people are getting excited about.
Also the update instructions for the Nexus 7 2012 here is a little worrying
Nexus 7 KitKat Update Android 4.4.3 Rollout

Information seems to be vague everywhere -
Ultimate Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update List: Which Phones Will Get It?

I hear Android 4.5 will require a permanent connection to a mains outlet. :(

Last edited:

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Wish the next update would include the new TouchWiz from the S5.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 will definitely be getting 4.4.3. We just don't know when yet. The entire update is intended to be a bug fix update. That doesn't mean there may not be a few new features added depending on the phone, but the update itself is intended for bug fixing. There are long lists of bug fixes included available of you do a search for it.

As far as battery life, T-Mobile users already got a stability update last month that significantly improved battery life as well as adding download booster, kid mode, and VoLTE. I never had bad battery life on kit kat but the TMO update increased my screen on time by 30-40%. So your provider should be able to get you those improvements as well unless the battery difference is solely Tmobile specific features, which seems unlikely. I know my signal strength and connection has not changed at all, so it is not a matter of that, which would be the biggest provider specific factor affecting battery.

I'm sure that the note 3 will be getting the features of the S5 in an update

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it somehow.
Both the S5 and Note 3 are now on 4.4.2, yet we still have Touchwiz that's at least 3 years old?
It will take too much integration.

The Note 4 is now so close.

Although they may sell Note 3's for another year I don't think they are spending resources on a new TW for it.

Witness the Note 2 stuck on 4.1 until recently.

How did KK work out on that BTW?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac