Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 2 Post By ChristopherH1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    While there's the news about 4.4.3 update to come out to s4 & s5 only, does anyone know whether note 3 will also get the update? And what's the difference from 4.4.2?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Here is hoping we get it soon! And hopefully the difference will be bug fixes and the improved battery life that they forgot to add to the 4.4.2 update...!

    Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    The Note 3 will definitely be getting 4.4.3. We just don't know when yet. The entire update is intended to be a bug fix update. That doesn't mean there may not be a few new features added depending on the phone, but the update itself is intended for bug fixing. There are long lists of bug fixes included available of you do a search for it.

    As far as battery life, T-Mobile users already got a stability update last month that significantly improved battery life as well as adding download booster, kid mode, and VoLTE. I never had bad battery life on kit kat but the TMO update increased my screen on time by 30-40%. So your provider should be able to get you those improvements as well unless the battery difference is solely Tmobile specific features, which seems unlikely. I know my signal strength and connection has not changed at all, so it is not a matter of that, which would be the biggest provider specific factor affecting battery.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    http://bgr.com/2014/03/31/android-4-...ate-changelog/ (corrected)

    @B.Diddy provided this article link, although it was some released some time ago. It does seem mostly bug fixes. Hopefully some little extras as jpr says, but probably not much. I don't know what the S5 and S4 people are getting excited about.
    Also the update instructions for the Nexus 7 2012 here is a little worrying
    Nexus 7 KitKat Update Android 4.4.3 Rollout

    Information seems to be vague everywhere -
    Ultimate Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update List: Which Phones Will Get It?

    I hear Android 4.5 will require a permanent connection to a mains outlet.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    ....
    I hear Android 4.5 will require a permanent connection to a mains outlet.
    Do we have a root method yet for the outlet?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    Do we have a root method yet for the outlet?
    Ha ha. They're working on it now.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Ha ha. They're working on it now.
    What does that mean ? ("Do we have a root method yet for the outlet?")
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Over here in Australia we still don't have the kitkat update yet. . . Vodafone and freaking SamsungAu

    Posted from my note 3 :3
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Wish the next update would include the new TouchWiz from the S5.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App
    selena650 and Madd54 like this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    The Note 3 will definitely be getting 4.4.3. We just don't know when yet. The entire update is intended to be a bug fix update. That doesn't mean there may not be a few new features added depending on the phone, but the update itself is intended for bug fixing. There are long lists of bug fixes included available of you do a search for it.

    As far as battery life, T-Mobile users already got a stability update last month that significantly improved battery life as well as adding download booster, kid mode, and VoLTE. I never had bad battery life on kit kat but the TMO update increased my screen on time by 30-40%. So your provider should be able to get you those improvements as well unless the battery difference is solely Tmobile specific features, which seems unlikely. I know my signal strength and connection has not changed at all, so it is not a matter of that, which would be the biggest provider specific factor affecting battery.
    I'm sure that the note 3 will be getting the features of the S5 in an update

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    You are just saying or it is confirmed news?

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: 4.4.3 on Note 3?

    I doubt it somehow.
    Both the S5 and Note 3 are now on 4.4.2, yet we still have Touchwiz that's at least 3 years old?
    It will take too much integration.

    The Note 4 is now so close.

    Although they may sell Note 3's for another year I don't think they are spending resources on a new TW for it.

    Witness the Note 2 stuck on 4.1 until recently.

    How did KK work out on that BTW?

Similar Threads

  1. Restore list view on Favorites
    By ruglet in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 07:23 PM
  2. Large Amount of Data Used on Nexus 5 (compared to iPhone)
    By guyslichten in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 01:33 PM
  3. HTC one m8 or Galaxy Note 3
    By Smply_Rcklss in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM
  4. Disappearing Contacts on Galaxy S5
    By hudiman in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 10:41 AM
  5. Veiwing hidden file on pc
    By freehighlander in forum Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions