Note 3 wont connect to any 2.4 ghz wifi (any suggestions?)

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So now my note 3 wont connect to any 2.4 ghz wifi. It will connect flawlessly to my 5g wifi. Any 2.4 router it will just say saved / secured. When I say any 2.4 ghz wifi I mean my parents router and my router and Mc Donalds wifi hot spot. I've tried rebooting phone and router. I thought it was my router but it just won't connect to any 2.4 ghz router. But 5g if fine. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap the Menu button, then Advanced, then Wi-Fi Frequency Band. Make sure it's set to "Auto," not "5 GHz only."

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a menu that says wifi frequency band.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
All the other phones on my wifi connect to our router on 2.4 just not my note. The bad thing is it wont connect to any AT&T wifi hotspot.

Sent from my LG-D950 using AC Forums mobile app

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Never tried safe mode. This is mind boggling to say the least.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This could be a few things.

First try turning off the phone and restarting it after a few min.
Second remove the WiFi network and add it back with wps off possible
Next check how the WiFi is working from the access point with something like WiFi analyzer

I have seen my WiFi appear not to work when the router is either overwhelmed or dealing with to much interference. Something else I have seen that will give the appearance of a good setup but just won't work is if WiFi Mac filtering is enabled. Your device will think it is all fine but then fail to complete a good connection.

Another possible problem could be the router has some combination of settings your phone just doesn't like.

Worst case scenario would be reset the phone then reset your router and see if that fixes it.

Posted via Android Central App

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Every other phone in my house and tablet work just not my note 3. What about Knox? Is there settings?

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I had this problem with mine. It's a fairly hefty thread on XDA about it. It's a hardware issue, mine required Samsung to fix it. It would only connect to 5 ghz wireless and would show my 2.4 ghz networks as out of range if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams