Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Message Page Numbering .....

A friend of mine has an ancient cell phone, and is complaining when I send him Text Messages from my Note 3. He wants me to turn on Page Numbering, to make it easier for him to read my messages.

I can't find Page Numbering on my Note 3, and can't find any information on Page Numbering with a Google search.

Does anyone know about Page Numbering for Text Messaging?

Default Re: Text Message Page Numbering .....

There's no such thing as page numbering in text messaging. It might have been a feature back in the days when we had tiny screens, but not any longer.

He's probably talking about a long message being split up into "pages" and being numbered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My friend claims that he has friends with smartphones that still have that feature, which number the messages, so he can read them in order. He said he may not be using the correct term though.

He is very upset with me, and wants me to enable my Page Numbering option, which the Note 3 does not have. He is so stuck on his dumbphone.

So, unfortunately, I have decided to no longer send my friend text messages, but send emails instead, which he doesn't like, because he only checks his email once a week, or less.

Strange that my friend is the only person who has ever complained to me about text messaging. I have no problems communicating with hundreds of other people via Text Messaging and Facebook Messenger.

Tell him to step out of 1984 and into 2014!... Or tell him to deal it with it not being numbered.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

One of my friends has a Sprint Note 2 and her long text messages show as (1/2) and (2/2) on my Sprint Note 3. Nobody else's, including mine, do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by vja4Him View Post
    My friend claims that he has friends with smartphones that still have that feature, which number the messages, so he can read them in order. He said he may not be using the correct term though.

He is very upset with me, and wants me to enable my Page Numbering option, which the Note 3 does not have. He is so stuck on his dumbphone.

So, unfortunately, I have decided to no longer send my friend text messages, but send emails instead, which he doesn't like, because he only checks his email once a week, or less.

Strange that my friend is the only person who has ever complained to me about text messaging. I have no problems communicating with hundreds of other people via Text Messaging and Facebook Messenger.
    Dump him,get a new friend with a decent smart phone...Job done