Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...

2 problems, thought it more sensible to do them in 1 thread.

I gave Sidesync a go the other day & I love it, apart from the fact it refuses to work via wifi which seems to me to be particularly stupid.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, since moving apps to the SD card, they forget all their settings & so every time I reboot the phone, they go through all the setup again & also turn their stupid notifications back on which I detest. Is this a known issue? Once I put them back on the device, they work perfectly again.

Thanks for any ideas. Have a great weekend

Oh yeah, this is on Windows 7 premium (or the one above home basic) + Kitkat 4.4.2.

Default Re: SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...

SideSync - I use it several times a week and have only ever used it over wifi. Have never had any problem with it at all.

Apps on SD Card - the only thing I have seen is the Notification Off get set back to On after rebooting. I do not have to go through any setup again and I have never had any game data reset or seen any other issue.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...

Did SideSync work immediately or was there any set up you had to do?

Is that on 4.4.2 too or a custom ROM?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...ps06d778af.png

It worked from the start. You are setting the Connect switch on the PC app to WiFi right?

I don't go to external sites to view pictures. If there is something you want me take a look at, include it in your post using the insert image icon.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes it works perfectly with USB & I'm very impressed with it. I didn't realise I could embed images in posts so please forgive me.

SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...-sidesync.png

Are you certain you are on the same network with both devices? And are you starting them within a few seconds of each other? It will only scan for wifi devices for a certain time before timing out. Are you getting any error on your phone? The first time you connect you have to accept the connection on your phone. Are you looking at your phone - if you are looking at the computer you may have missed the request.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

No, I see the request immediately on my phone. I start SideSync on the device & then on the laptop. It says on the laptop locating devices & the note shows up in the list underneath, however, the busy circle thing keeps rotating as if it is still looking for another device. If I double click the Note 3 entry, the phone screen goes off & the image I posted above appears. They are definitely on the same network as I can use the mouse & keyboard on the laptop if I choose that option from the desktop software drop down menu but it still wont display the phone screen.

I love using whatsapp & stuff on the laptop. I'll try removing all samsung kies 3, usb drivers & all other software & the reinstall SideSync. I don't really like Kies 3 anyway.

Thanks for your replies btw.

Working flawlessly via USB 3.0
    SideSync wifi issues + problems with apps after moving to SD card...-sidesyncusb.png

Ok. Hope a reinstall solves it for you. I think it's a great app and keep encouraging people to use it but it seems few people have even tried it.

I was surprised at how good it works over wifi. All the other apps I use over wifi to connect to my computer are slower and lag but I can even play games fullscreen using this without lag. That's not normally what I use it for but I tested it just because I was so impressed with the speed.

You probably already know this if you've been using it, but you can go into the settings on the phone app and increase the pointer speed and set shortcuts. And then in the PC settings, once you hopefully get it connected via wifi, you can set it to connect automatically if you want and also a few other settings.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Just an update.

Still won't work via WiFi after removing KIES3 & Samung's USB3 drivers then reinstalling SideSync. Reading comments on the Play Store indicates this is a common issue so hopefully they'll fix it in an update sometime.

I am having the same issue with Galaxy S 5 and Galaxy Tab S which are suppose to work together. I can connect through the USB but the WIFI is not connecting and on the same network.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

Did you try turning off Windoze firewall. Mine worked on my Mac but Windoze firewall was blocking it on my PC. Worked after I turned it off. Obviously you'll have to turn it back on and create a rule if this is the problem.

I've got the identical problem as the OP with my Note 3 and Samsung laptop running Win 8.1. Turning off Windows Firewall didn't fix it for me but produced a different result -- instead of getting error code 101 as in the screenshot above, the PC app just keeps displaying "connecting" with the spinning wheel but never actually connects or times out. The Firewall was already configured to allow SideSync to bypass the firewall while on private networks, and if I leave it turned on I get the error code 101.

Also, this problem only arises with regard to screen sharing. If I go into settings and change the default mode to mouse/keyboard sharing, that works flawlessly.

hi! I have the exactly opposite problem... mine connects very well in the wifi environment... but when I try to connect with the usb cable, nothing happens... ¿any idea?

Tom, Did you solve your problem as I have the same issue with S5 and Tab S. I can't get anything to work between them...Nearby Devices (although they do see each other, nothing transfers.....Screen Mirroring...wifi direct...Nothing works. Other people seem to connect no problem but not me. I've tried using my daughter's S3 and neither of my devices sees hers either and vica versa!