Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zaydabarber
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Superspeed USB 3.0 Type A Male to Micro B Male 24/28AWG Cable 1 Feet, Blue:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Took about 3 weeks to get here but it's going to be worth it. My old 2.0 cable could never stay seated in the outlet because of the connector. It would always get loose when carrying it (it was fine when sitting in the car). I only tried to use it one day when using my charging battery. It kept working loose so it was pretty much useless.

This 3.0 makes better contact. The cable's a little stiff but it'll do.

And the price was right.

Posted via Android Central App
    beh

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts

Default Re: Just bought this USB 3.0 charging cable.

I have a number of various Amazon Best brand cables and they are all of excellent quality and all work very well.
    Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V
    Galaxy Note 8 SGH-1467
    Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    Superspeed USB 3.0 Type A Male to Micro B Male 24/28AWG Cable 1 Feet, Blue:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Took about 3 weeks to get here but it's going to be worth it. My old 2.0 cable could never stay seated in the outlet because of the connector. It would always get loose when carrying it (it was fine when sitting in the car). I only tried to use it one day when using my charging battery. It kept working loose so it was pretty much useless.

This 3.0 makes better contact. The cable's a little stiff but it'll do.

And the price was right.

I've read many times that a cable is a cable is a cable and not to waste your money on that "high speed", super duper wonder cable. So far, I've saved quite a bit of money on my cheap, eBay cables and am rarely disappointed.

Just some food for thought.

You mean you bought this for the car and the supplied 3.0 cable is for the home charger?
    For those who had charging issues and finally isolated a faulty cable, this makes a great fix at $2.50. Shame it may take so long to arrive.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I bought it for my portable battery for when I might need to haul it around on my person. Which is pretty rare.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I needed a short cable for that. And this was a $3 cable so it was cheap and worth the wait. It had to come from China. Free shipping. So who am I to complain?

Yeh. I bought 2 different (TC09?) aerials from China for my Huawei portable sim hotspot, Mifi dongle we call em. Took about the same or longer to get here. UK supplier were 2.5 times more but it would have been quicker. Didn't really improve anything.

Samsung is replacing the original 3.0 USB cable just call tech support they will ship one out to u no charge

Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

Needed a long, high speed USB 3.0 cable and bought this one in a 10 foot length. It's as fast as you can get at any length, but is quite stiff...

YellowKnife 10FT Super Speed USB 3.0 A to Micro B Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 - 2013 NEW: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Needed a long, high speed USB 3.0 cable and bought this one in a 10 foot length. It's as fast as you can get at any length, but is quite stiff...

YellowKnife 10FT Super Speed USB 3.0 A to Micro B Data Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note3 - 2013 NEW: Amazon.ca: Electronics
    Yeah, this is the same cable, just longer. Stiff for sure. I wish I could find a 1 footer with the same construction as the stock Samsung charging wire or maybe a short coiled one like my other 2.0. That one's perfect but the plug just won't stay seated. Now that I've played with it a little, this will work for portable use in a pinch, but it will be awkward since it's so stiff.

I'm sure that skinnier short cables are out there. I just have to look.

FBA

Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

IN the short length, there are - but if you have to go long like I did, choices are very limited, if there are any beside this ethernet style cable.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.